By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii availability - will not improve anytime soon

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5183&Itemid=2

"Nintendo says there is no end in sight of retail shortages of its Wii console."

"There is a lot going on behind the scenes in terms of working on what we are producing and the numbers continue to rise but the product is so very popular that we may see a supply / demand situation last for some time ... We are at absolute maximum production and doing everything we can."

Note that this doesn't mean that supply is not increasing - it simply means any increase in supply is not expected to match the current levels of demand. Somehow, this reminds me of the DS all over again (which I suppose is a good thing). Still, its a bit disapointing - if Sony had released the Wii, im sure they would be all over this production issue. Maybe Nintendo needs to have more confidence in their own products!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Actually Sony had the same sales predictions and were preparing to sell as many units as the Wii. They came across a bunch of production problems too.

good news for sony fans

good news for sony fans

I suppose that's good news :-/

"Our competitors are selling so fast, that they cannot meet the demands of their fans."

If that's GOOD news for Sony, I don't want to know what BAD news sounds like

Around the Network

I predict another Sony fanboy meltdown soon to join the others. Several candidates seem to be reaching the breaking point. I think the stress is getting to them.

That Guy said:

I suppose that's good news :-/

"Our competitors are selling so fast, that they cannot meet the demands of their fans."

If that's GOOD news for Sony, I don't want to know what BAD news sounds like

Nintendo have managed to up Wii production by 10x, have cut production costs by 80% and are dropping the price by 50%.

I think that would qualify as bad news ;) 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

FishyJoe said:
I predict another Sony fanboy meltdown soon to join the others. Several candidates seem to be reaching the breaking point. I think the stress is getting to them.

Sort of funny how "quiet" its becom. Eventually, as more and more figures are released, there is less to argue about. We'll just have to wait until Sony release something WORTH PLAYING, then we'll see some real competition.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

C'mon you guys, there's no need to pile onto the Sony people.

I enjoy civil, intellegent conversation. Let's not kick them while they're down.

OMG!!! I DONT BELEIVE IT!!!

That make you happy? 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!