By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Colors Wii - did it bombed?

A game of this size needs like 400k copies to turn a profit on the Wii. I sold way beyond that, so it is NOT a bomb. But as you can see from the sales the European public didn't buy it as much as previous games, maybe they are becoming more picky, because the game is great but it is selling a little less in that continent.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/287223/news/vanquish-sells-820000-copies/

"The company sold 13.6 million games worldwide in the three quarters,* down from 16.73 million a year ealier.

Sonic Colours moved 1,850,000 copies, Vanquish 820,000 and Football Manager 2011 690,000."

Mind you, that's not only shipped rather than sold, but it's probably split between the Wii and DS versions too.

*Note: excludes anything after December

Shipped =/= Sold

While Sega might've shipped 820k of Vanquish, it's likely they've sold through less than half of that.

jarrod said:
noname2200 said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/287223/news/vanquish-sells-820000-copies/

"The company sold 13.6 million games worldwide in the three quarters,* down from 16.73 million a year ealier.

Sonic Colours moved 1,850,000 copies, Vanquish 820,000 and Football Manager 2011 690,000."

Mind you, that's not only shipped rather than sold, but it's probably split between the Wii and DS versions too.

*Note: excludes anything after December

Shipped =/= Sold

While Sega might've shipped 820k of Vanquish, it's likely they've sold through less than half of that.

"Mind you, that's not only shipped rather than sold..."

RolStoppable said:

Shipped doesn't equal sold though.

Nonsense.  They both start with an "s" and end with a "d."  What more do you need?!

You should have named the thread Why Sonic Colors Bombed and then given a bunch of phoney baloney reasons.  That would have made for a better thread.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

What are some of you people talking about?

Sega shipped 1850000 copies of the game.

So sega sold 1850000 copies of the game.

Retailers paid sega for 1850000 copies of the game.

Sega has 1850000 x the $ amount they get for wii games in the bank for Sonic colors.

Sega doesn't take checks...cash in hand bitches!

Sega made some nice change here. The only one this can be a bomb for is Gamestop warehouse which has something like 300,000 copies left waiting to be shipped to stores.

I would think it's safe to say Colors didn't bomb in any real way. In fact, it seems to have much more positive momentum and reviews that Sonic 4 does, and with the holidays and flood of solid platformers behind us, I think more people who just finished up with Kirby, Mario All-Star, and DKCR will likely pick this up, especially when the price drops. I for one thought it was a pretty great game, and easily the best Sonic in years.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME