By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 Platinum Trophy?

I'm about to get it.  The "Insanity" Trophy is the last one.  Has anybody else gotten it or is about to get it?

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

Around the Network

Got it. I did an Insanity playthrough for my first attempt. Scored all the trophies excepting Paramour (somehow -- no idea what my poor Femshep did wrong) and Brawler. So I did a speedrun as a Vanguard on Normal and completed the game in about 5 hours -- it was an absolute teleporting, burning-shotgun blast. I picked up Brawler on the planet with the crashed ship and all the glitched Mechs, then once Jack and I got down and jiggy with it, the last trophy dropped and I was N7 Elite.

Nice.

Im working towards it.  Im just having trouble with the Brawler trophy (probably because melee is a bit silly on Insane)

Don't do the Brawler trophy on Insanity. It's not worth the hassle. Wait until the Insanity run is completed and pick it up on a second, Normal playthrough. It really doesn't take long to get. Just punch then immediately shoot all enemies with a machine pistol. It drops in no time. If you are looking for a good place to get it rather than trying in every combat (which can be frustrating), there are two primary places.

ME2 SPOILER ALERT!

Site 1: Neith - Eagle Nebula/Amun

A crash site where Mechs have gone crazy. You have 128 LOKI Mechs here to get the trophy from. Send your squad away using the D-pad, hide behind a crate, then wait for them to walk up to you. As they arrive, run out, punch, then shoot with a fast firing weapon into their chest. That done, return to cover. You'll get the trophy in about 10 minutes at most once you have a hang of it.

Site 2: Capek - Titan Nebula/Haskins

This is the factory where all the crazy Mechs on Neith came from. It unlocks once you've visited the N7: Abandoned Research Station. In the lower area where all the crates form a maze you have infinite spawning Mechs. Get brawling. Once done, move through the maze of crates and the Mechs stop spawning.

Ssenkahdavic said:

Im working towards it.  Im just having trouble with the Brawler trophy (probably because melee is a bit silly on Insane)

I know!  I kept trying to melee the Husks in Horizon and kept dying :P  Assholes kept killing me so I raged and started punching them in the face and I died in the process XD  The hardest part was the Horizon part really.  Insanity is not really hard, is just that you need a lot of ammo.  I guess using a Soldier makes it a breeze.  And Fortification is EXTREMELY helpful in insanity.  It has saved my ass countless times.

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

Around the Network
NoobSlayer92 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

I know!  I kept trying to melee the Husks in Horizon and kept dying :P  Assholes kept killing me so I raged and started punching them in the face and I died in the process XD  The hardest part was the Horizon part really.  Insanity is not really hard, is just that you need a lot of ammo.  I guess using a Soldier makes it a breeze.  And Fortification is EXTREMELY helpful in insanity.  It has saved my ass countless times.

Well, my Brawler tips are above. As I mentioned there, it really is a pain to get on an Insanity run, so it's worth picking on a second playthrough (and Vanguard is especially fun for this as teleporting around is just awesome, and makes for a very fast completion).

As for the Soldier, I didn't find him the easiest to use on an Insanity run (I've completed the game several times on PC); for me, it was the Adept (which is what I used on PS3).

Getting close-ish. Just doing side quests before embarking on the suicide mission.

I'm playing on Insanity, and Brawler wasn't really a problem for me since the kills count even if you die. I just kept trying for it every time I ran into husks and ended up getting it pretty early on.

Hapimeses said:
NoobSlayer92 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Well, my Brawler tips are above. As I mentioned there, it really is a pain to get on an Insanity run, so it's worth picking on a second playthrough (and Vanguard is especially fun for this as teleporting around is just awesome, and makes for a very fast completion).

As for the Soldier, I didn't find him the easiest to use on an Insanity run (I've completed the game several times on PC); for me, it was the Adept (which is what I used on PS3).

I got my Brawler trophy on my first playthrough :P  But thanks for the tips anyways.  I did with a Vanguard too.  And you're right, it is fun.  Blasting them in the face with an Incendiary Shotgun after after using Biotic Charge and punching them is fun as hell. 

dunno001:

FIVE HOURS!?  Not even sure I could beat it on easy mode that fast!!

d21lewis said:

FIVE HOURS!?  Not even sure I could beat it on easy mode that fast!!

It was surprisingly easy. Teleport (well, Charge -- whatever) in with Vanguard. Boomstick. Teleport. Boomstick. Teleport to bad guy by door to next area. Boomstick. Run through. Teleport. Boomstick. Skip most conversations because I've heard them all about twenty times (excepting Mordin's G&S rendition -- can't skip that; it would be a crime). Then back to teleport and boomstick.

I just watched my wife complete the last battle on the mission to pick up the Krogan. She spent about 5 minutes there on Normal difficulty. By comparison, I arrived, Charged the Boss. Shotgunned her in the face with Incendiary, killing her after just a few shots. Reloaded then Charged the YMIR and shotgunned it until dead. Took about 10 seconds. None of the Krogan had time to even get out of their tanks. I was stunned at how quickly it could be done.

I didn't set out to complete it in 5 hours or so. It just kinda happened as it was all so easy after playing on Insanity for so long.