By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 1/29)

gurglesletch said:
LordMatrix said:
gurglesletch said:
yum123 said:

wow looks at bulletstorm on 360 compared to ps3 its not even ther wtf

Gears 3 beta

The fact that the PS3 version isn`t even on the list is still shockign to say the least.

Not really. The game doesn't look very interesting at all.

It ain't that bad judging from the demo. I'm guessing that most PS3 owners in the US probably use their 360 as a main console and so would preferably play online games on Live. As we've seen with other games, online multi-platform shooters  usually do better on the 360. Add in the Gears Beta and Epics history with the 360 and it's not really surprising.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

cant wait to see what Pokemon does in the Americas

Come on KZ3, you deserve at least 250,000.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

anyone know when pre-orders for 2011/02/07 will be up?

Killzone 3 to have a lower FW WW than Heavy Rain likely?lol .

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Mordred11 said:

Killzone 3 to have a lower FW WW than Heavy Rain likely?lol .

That would mean lower than 550k, which is very unlikely. People need to relax, the game will do fine.

It's not like I really trust these numbers,I was joking..kinda.

If Sony totally screws up advertising,under 550k is possible actually.K2 only sold 200k more than that and it had massive hype.

CGI-Quality said:
Mordred11 said:

It's not like I really trust these numbers,I was joking..kinda.

If Sony totally screws up advertising,under 550k is possible actually.K2 only sold 200k more than that and it had massive hype.

Massive interent hype =/= massive hype. Outside of the net, KZ3 has moderate hype, nothing massive. But lets take that angle for a sec, HEAVY RAIN had "massive net hype" and managed 550k (within a game that wasn't expected to clear 1 million in it's life - let alone half that in it's first week). If KZ3 has massive hype on the net, and a decent amount outside of it, it should, at least, match KZ2's week 1 numbers (especially when all we have to go on are US numbers).

Heavy Rain brought something new to the table though,what is KZ3 bringing?An upgraded KZ2.

I'm not saying KZ3 will flop,I'm just saying that it's not out of the question.I played KZ2,and I was dissapointed,and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

CGI-Quality said:
Mordred11 said:

I'm not saying KZ3 will flop,I'm just saying that it's not out of the question.I played KZ2,and I was dissapointed,and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Many people play games and are disappointed (Halo: Reach/Black Ops/Gears 2/GTA IV/GT5). How did each one of these titles sell?

One person's (or a few people's) disappointment(s) is/are just anecdotal.

The previous installments of those games were HUGE though,you had to get the game or you weren't ''cool'' I may say,it's not the same case with KZ3 - KZ2 was praised to be the best-looking game to date when it released,people wanted to see what it's about,it stopped selling after a few weeks,and then bundles started to help it crawl to the numbers we see today.

Again,I'm not saying KZ3 will fail,I expect it to match KZ2 in terms of sales actually,if not better.I'm just saying,there is a possibility of it doing worse than you and many others expect,and excluding that possibility is not very wise

CGI-Quality said:
Mordred11 said:

The previous installments of those games were HUGE though,you had to get the game or you weren't ''cool'' I may say,it's not the same case with KZ3 - KZ2 was praised to be the best-looking game to date when it released,people wanted to see what it's about,it stopped selling after a few weeks,and then bundles started to help it crawl to the numbers we see today.

Again,I'm not saying KZ3 will fail,I expect it to match KZ2 in terms of sales actually,if not better.I'm just saying,there is a possibility of it doing worse than you and many others expect,and excluding that possibility is not very wise

I haven't excluded any possibilities, I've debated your scenarios. A little different.

I don't see any of my debates truly shutout either, so as I said in the original post: the game will be fine and people need to relax

Alright then,I must admit I'm a little too offensive,haven't had such a great day.I agree with you 99% of the time on this forum though.