By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which PS3 2011 FPS will sell the most?

Which PS3 2011 FPS will sell the most?

Killzone 3 122 68.93%

Resistance 3 27 15.25%

Rage 9 5.08%

Deus Ex: Human Revolution 8 4.52%

Crysis 2 11 6.21%

Total:177
bevochan said:
Boutros said:

Bulletstorm is not a TPS.

You're right.  Bulletstorm is a first person shooter.  It's also getting released on the same day as Killzone 3.  At least on the PS3, Bulletstorm (regardless of meta score) is going to be killed by Killzone 3 in lifetime sales.

Also, I left off Brink which I don't think will be a blockbuster. 

And throw in the list: Fear 3 and Homefront.

Do you think KZ3 will outsell Bulletstorm all versions combined? Just curious.

Anyway, I voted for Resistance 3 as I think it has a chance of selling more than R2 if Sony pushes it. R2 was crushed by COD when it released, so Sony would be advised to pick a better launch date for R3.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
bevochan said:
Boutros said:

You're right.  Bulletstorm is a first person shooter.  It's also getting released on the same day as Killzone 3.  At least on the PS3, Bulletstorm (regardless of meta score) is going to be killed by Killzone 3 in lifetime sales.

Anyway, I voted for Resistance 3 as I think it has a chance of selling more than R2 if Sony pushes it. R2 was crushed by COD when it released, so Sony would be advised to pick a better launch date for R3.

Yes, I think Killzone 3 will outsell Bulletstorm all versions combined.  Bulletstorm will get lost within all the multiplatform FPS coming out in Spring 2011.  Deus Ex (the dark horse as the big seller) and Homefront are coming out in the first week of March, while Crysis 2 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon are coming out middle of March.  And throw in Brink and Rage.

Killzone 3 is at least an exclusive and will have some PS3-loyal-Killzone 2-fan buysso it won't get swallowed up by the countless multiplat FPS coming out.

bevochan said:

Yes, I think Killzone 3 will outsell Bulletstorm all versions combined.  Bulletstorm will get lost within all the multiplatform FPS coming out in Spring 2011.  Deus Ex (the dark horse as the big seller) and Homefront are coming out in the first week of March, while Crysis 2 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon are coming out middle of March.  And throw in Brink and Rage.

Killzone 3 is at least an exclusive and will have some PS3-loyal-Killzone 2-fan buysso it won't get swallowed up by the countless multiplat FPS coming out.

Well on the 360 at least Bulletstorm has a big incentive, access to the Gears of War 3 beta, so it probably won't get lost in the pack. Like how Crackdown included access to the Halo 3 beta, it could have big sales on the 360. Which will of course bring the Bulletstorm total number of copies sold up (PS3/360/PC), possibly outselling KZ3.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Go Killzooone!!!

Man im so excited about this...only a few weeks away...

I'm positive it will be Killzone 3. 

Those who know nothing can understand nothing. 

Around the Network

this thread has been officialy partially derailed by elcabrenza, another one bites the dust. *stamp*

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I dont mind between Killzone 3 and Resistance 3.  Tho im rooting for R3 because I just enjoyed the series more between the two.  R2 had large scale epic boss battles so im hoping the same for R3.

Btw does anybody know if Killzone 3 has split screen campaign coop?

V-r0cK said:

I dont mind between Killzone 3 and Resistance 3.  Tho im rooting for R3 because I just enjoyed the series more between the two.  R2 had large scale epic boss battles so im hoping the same for R3.

Killzone has local and online split screen for its campaign.

I voted for R3, I believe there is a bigger resistance fanbase than R2s sales would show. and it has a perfect release window imo

jester2358 said:
V-r0cK said:

Killzone has local and online split screen for its campaign.

I voted for R3, I believe there is a bigger resistance fanbase than R2s sales would show. and it has a perfect release window imo

Killzone 3 does not have online splitscreen for campaign. Only local.

bevochan said:
smbu2000 said:
bevochan said:
Boutros said:

Deus Ex was pushed back to beyond April. I don't think they have a solid release date yet.