By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek "discussing" TimeSplitters 4 development, says Yerli

Crytek "discussing" TimeSplitters 4 development, says Yerli

Posted January 28th, 2011 at 16:58 EDT by Mike Harradence

Development of a fourth instalment in the much-loved TimeSplitters franchise is currently in discussion over at Crytek, studio head Cevat Yerli’s revealed.

However, while admitting that the Crysis 2 developer has been considering the possibility of cobbling together a

TimeSplitters 4, Yerli noted that a firm decision has yet to be made.

“Yeah, we have been discussing it, but nothing has been confirmed yet, so let’s see after Crysis 2,” he told CVG.

TimeSplitters first hit shelves back in 2000 as a PS2 launch title, with series developer Free Radical being snapped up by Crytek a few years back where it later resurfaced as Crytek UK. Chuffed with the team's efforts thus far, Yerli feels confident the studio has what it takes to reach the 90+ meta review average.

“I love working with our UK friends,” he continued. “The team has been performing up to the quality bar easily. Our thinking was that the team had done 80-85 rated games, and we thought that with the right technology, IP and global IP direction they could reach the 90 barrier. I’m very confident that they can do th

http://www.psu.com/Crytek-discussing-TimeSplitters-4-development,-says-Yerli--a010530-p0.php

Around the Network

wonder if this will suceed.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I've never really liked FPS, but Timesplitters 2 was the exception.  I used to kick some major arse as the stone golem.

I really hope a TS4 is made and it keeps the style and feel of the last gen games

Free Radical had a version up and running for Wii, did they not?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Whats time splitters? I guess a console only FPS.

Around the Network

How do you bust through doors. I basically give the door some structural rating. Say a dungeon door is a 50. You need to do 50 points of damage to get through it. Does anyone else have some suggestions?

GET IT DONE!

this would please me..............

Should this project succeed, I shall be a very, very happy gamer...