By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cloud saving coming to PS3 in 3.60

chapset said:
leatherhat said:
chapset said:

don't see the point of this, can't you transfer your save data on a ubs stick?? I rememeber doing this one time

Thats a big pain in the ass, cloud is the way to go. Steam has it and its wonderful.

I can see that, but it's not a life saver like some posters here make it to be

It is if something goes wrong with your console.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
chapset said:
leatherhat said:
chapset said:

don't see the point of this, can't you transfer your save data on a ubs stick?? I rememeber doing this one time

Thats a big pain in the ass, cloud is the way to go. Steam has it and its wonderful.

A USB drive would be even better, since you still have the information on you, so you don't need to tell Sony that you need the information for your system on another one, and any registration needed.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Pretty amazing feature, though I must say it sucks to have to be a plus user to use it. I would do this to transfer my 80Gb data to my 120Gb but not a plus member. Hopeflluy they'll make this a regular feature for all users eventually.

LordTheNightKnight said:
leatherhat said:
chapset said:
leatherhat said:
chapset said:

A USB drive would be even better, since you still have the information on you, so you don't need to tell Sony that you need the information for your system on another one, and any registration needed.

Unless its a truly awful cloud service, the info should be synced to your psn so you can pull it access it on any ps3, no memory cards required, no asking Sony for the information. Just sign into psn and there it is. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

This is something that should have been implemented ages ago by both Sony and Microsoft. If true then I'll be surprised because typically Microsoft gets a lot of these game related features implemented first. It'll be good to see Sony in the lead for certain game related online features for once.

Tease.