By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2D Super Mario Bros. on 3DS: What would you like to see and want?

Mad55 said:
RolStoppable said:
axt113 said:
Mad55 said:
axt113 said:

^Didn;t push hardware, sold far less than NSMB Wi, that's a flop

lmao!9 million is a flop for a game that would have probably broke more than even only selling a million? isnt it one of the highest rated games ever? so a game has to push hardward to be a success? lol i asked alot of questions.

The point of first party software is to sell hardware, doesn't sell systems its a flop

I wouldn't say it like that. Not all first party games can be system selling software, sometimes it's good enough to keep the existing owners interested in the hardware by fleshing out the library, so that they keep spreading the word.

In the case of 3D Mario platformers though, yes, those games are without a doubt supposed to sell the hardware and both Galaxy games definitely fell short of Nintendo's own expectations.

okay i didnt know it was supposed to move hardware but its still not a flop in any way.

Exactly. And how do you know it didn't sell hardware? My bro-in-law got interested in buying a Wii after SMG2. Don't make such idiotic assumptions. 

Around the Network
axt113 said:

Should Nintendo abandon the Fire Emblem franchise utterly, if we were to follow this line of thinking?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

dany612 said:
Mad55 said:
RolStoppable said:
axt113 said:
Mad55 said:
axt113 said:

lmao!9 million is a flop for a game that would have probably broke more than even only selling a million? isnt it one of the highest rated games ever? so a game has to push hardward to be a success? lol i asked alot of questions.

The point of first party software is to sell hardware, doesn't sell systems its a flop

I wouldn't say it like that. Not all first party games can be system selling software, sometimes it's good enough to keep the existing owners interested in the hardware by fleshing out the library, so that they keep spreading the word.

In the case of 3D Mario platformers though, yes, those games are without a doubt supposed to sell the hardware and both Galaxy games definitely fell short of Nintendo's own expectations.

okay i didnt know it was supposed to move hardware but its still not a flop in any way.

Exactly. And how do you know it didn't sell hardware? My bro-in-law got interested in buying a Wii after SMG2. Don't make such idiotic assumptions. 

ROFL, one person is not moving hardware, when a game releases, and there is a noticible and sustained bump in hardware sales, that's moving hardware

Mr Khan said:
axt113 said:

Should Nintendo abandon the Fire Emblem franchise utterly, if we were to follow this line of thinking?

If its not moving hardware, its a waste of developer resources, a company has constraints, limited number of money, physical capital and people to achieve growth and higher profits, if its not doing that, then its resources are being wasted

axt113 said:
Mad55 said:
axt113 said:

You should start adding Donkey Kong Country Returns to your flop list.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
axt113 said:
Mad55 said:
axt113 said:

Not necessarily, Its certainly not on the level of NSMB Wii as a system seller, but I'm fairly confident it moved hardware this Holiday season

axt113 said:
dany612 said:
Mad55 said:
RolStoppable said:
axt113 said:
Mad55 said:
axt113 said:

ROFL, one person is not moving hardware, when a game releases, and there is a noticible and sustained bump in hardware sales, that's moving hardware

How do we know NSMBW moved hardware? It was released during the holiday period, I blame the holiday. And of course silly goose, my bro in law moved that hardware baby.
 He moved it to the left, to the right, to the center and up above. 

axt113 said:
Khuutra said:
axt113 said:

Not necessarily, Its certainly not on the level of NSMB Wii as a system seller, but I'm fairly confident it moved hardware this Holiday season

It did nothing of the sort. It didn't even maintain sells on level with 2008's December, and moved less software than did the original Galaxy. Obviously by your own defintion, DKCR is a flop.

4 player online coop with voice chat.

I want to see Mario, Luigi, Toad and maybe 2 more characters?

Rosa
Daisy
Wario
Waluigi?

Want the Key to Eternal Life?
read about it here:
http://www.cipherwire.net/eternal_life.html

Wii Friend Code: 7592-1692-7773-4859

dany612 said:
axt113 said:

How do we know NSMBW moved hardware? It was released during the holiday period, I blame the holiday. And of course silly goose, my bro in law moved that hardware baby.
 He moved it to the left, to the right, to the center and up above.

Because of the record sales, that coincided with the release of NSMB Wii, as well as the monster legs on that game