By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2D Super Mario Bros. on 3DS: What would you like to see and want?

Mario and Luigi are ready for their new adventures on the Nintendo 3DS.

The next 2D Super Mario Bros. installment will hit the 3DS and will most likely be released within the  2012 or 2013 time period. As that approaches I will be close to hitting the mature age of 18. Is it time for Nintendo and this series to grow up? No, but they need some changes (or perhaps not?).

FIRST AND FOREMOST- Nintendo should NOT title it New Super Mario Bros 2. I would love to see it titled Super Mario World 3DS, or Super Mario Bros 4. Nostalgic feeling

My wants:

• Music upgrade. An upgrade as in remixes of old classic songs and remastered as well as orchestrated music. I hated the main theme song of NSMB. I don't know why but it was annoying and lacked the magical touch of most Mario songs. Am I the only one who felt this way?
  • Cut scenes and Mario talking. By cut scenes I mean brief ones. It should be implemented to introduce new worlds and areas. This is where 3D could be benificial. Mario talks funny and it's more than a joy hearing his Italianized (stereotyped) voice. He should talk more in his games. When he begins a new mission he should start by saying 'Let's a go!" (etc) and when he completes a level 'Oh yeah Mario got it!'
  • Graphical upgrade. I wasn't much of a fan of the art syle in NSMB. I think they should borrow SMG art style and it would work seeing how damn good looking the 2D stages in Galaxy played and looked.
  • One world; a world within a world. The setting should take place in one world where the continents differ in landscape etc. If Nintendo wants to add space to the equation then awesome!
  • Powerups: flying cap, metallic cap, water mario (controls water powers), ice mario.
  • Online!!!! We should be able to connect with other 3DS to play co-op just like in NSMBW. Of course Mario doesn't need online but it would be nice playing people in our friends list.
What would you like to see and want from the next installment?

Around the Network

Online play up to 4 players.

And thats it, the game is already perfect.

Mr.Metralha said:

What game? It hasn't even been released yet. >.<

dany612 said:
Mr.Metralha said:

What game? It hasn't even been released yet. >.<

I mean NSMB as it is on the Wii right now. Its simple, quick fun and addictive. Just throw in online mode and the 3D effect will assure it is a 25M seller.

• Music upgrade
  • Graphical upgrade
  • Powerups

• Harder levels
  • Better bosses
  • most importantly: More imaginative level design - - - DKCR did it greatfor 2D platformers/SMG2 did it for 3D

PS: That Wario pic is awesome :D

Around the Network

More content, new differently-themed worlds, new types of enemies, probably new power-ups etc. From gameplay perspective NSMBWii was perfect, tight controls, diverse level-design. Probably, new graphical outlook, though experiments with artsy exterior may end up bad for sales, but nevertheless SMB to SMB3 to SMW transitions in thar regard worked out well enough.

No cutscenes! Don't care about online.

More awesome bosses that are actually hard. I was disappointed in how easy it was to beat the little turds in NSMBW and the in NSMB.

Copy NSMBW and throw in the Blue Shell as an item again with upgraded Mario VS Luigi mode (4-players, dozens of stages) and the game's perfect, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Better music.

I'm pretty sure SMW had the same theme running throughout most of the worlds, only slightly remixed, but it was excellent. The NSMB theme was not as good.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

oh, I forgot the best possible feature of all, *custom levels*

People are hacking their roms/games and their consoles just to make/play custum levels... Why not make it easier to make and access these levels

I saw a trailer for an entirely new custom game project based off the NSMBWii engine and let me tell you, I was impressed with the ideas they'd implimented in their levels