By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: NGP/PSP2 will be"affordable" and sold at a loss

TheSource said:

I think its going to be $350 - $400 personally. Depends on if they include movie or game content with it really.

Yeah, I'm personally expecting $350 or $400 for the Wifi-Model model and $400 or $450 for the 3G model ...

Around the Network
dsage01 said:

microsoft should really make a portable although it would fell weird playing games like halo,gears,and l4d on a portable system

WP7 is their handheld. 

Will NGP do the same to ordinary gamers?

And yes, i had to post that. :D ... i think the price of NGP will be 349$.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

gurglesletch said:
dsage01 said:

microsoft should really make a portable although it would fell weird playing games like halo,gears,and l4d on a portable system

WP7 is their handheld. 

lol at least that what they are claiming but in all honesty WindowsPhone7 is most definatly not in the league of NGP or 3DS it is no more Microsoft's handhled then I-Phone is Apples, infact even less so as WP7 has barely any games, where's Halo WP7 or Gears WP7 or Age Of Empires or any other big Microsoft franchise? Without the games WP7 cannot be considered Microsoft's game console regardless of the way they spin it.

OT, I expected Sony to sell it for a loss. No suprise their, though I am still off on how much of a loss they will take or how much it costs to manufacture one of these puppies.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

greenmedic88 said:

If SCE goes with an iPad price structuring model, something along the lines of the following wouldn't surprise me:

$299 16GB

$349 32GB

$349 16GB/3G

$399 32GB/3G

3G network access $20/month, no contract.

What I don't expect to see is a $199 SKU or anything over $400.

This looks to be most reasonable prediction so far. That way first two models would probably be sold at loss but 3G ones could already break even or bring minimal profit.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB