By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2007 is now settled - will 2008 be any different?

carlos710 said:

So as a matter of fact, would you bet that Disgaea 3 is going to make the ps3 outsell the Wii?

Please say yes. And please say that you are willing to bet a perma ban here. 

Either you have too much sugar in the bloodstream, or me being a female threatens you. When you show me exactly where I said Disgea 3 will outsell the Wii, then I will ask the mods myself to give me a perma ban. I guess your little "Nintendo fanboy heart" read the first few paragraphs, and that was enough for you to judge me, when I even finished that post by saying:

Still, I think '08 will still be all about the Wii, but I think it may be close next year.

I didn't even mention what game from that list will move more hardware than the Wii, yet you took it upon yourself to interpret that. Could a few games move more hardware than the Wii? Hell yeah, I'm willing to place my money on Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII, and Metal Gear Solid 4, you know, those games you ejected when you replied to me.

Could all those games "COMBINED" move hardware? Oh boy, I'm willing to make that bet.

Around the Network

I think that, besides the battle for the second place between MS and Sony, the most interesting thing to see in 2008 is will the 3rd party AAA teams get assigned to Wii game developement, or will the Wii somewhat remain the cash cow for funding expensive PS3/360 games...

Famine said:
carlos710 said:

So as a matter of fact, would you bet that Disgaea 3 is going to make the ps3 outsell the Wii?

Please say yes. And please say that you are willing to bet a perma ban here.

Either you have too much sugar in the bloodstream, or me being a female threatens you. When you show me exactly where I said Disgea 3 will outsell the Wii, then I will ask the mods myself to give me a perma ban. I guess your little "Nintendo fanboy heart" read the first few paragraphs, and that was enough for you to judge me, when I even finished that post by saying:

Still, I think '08 will still be all about the Wii, but I think it may be close next year.

I didn't even mention what game from that list will move more hardware than the Wii, yet you took it upon yourself to interpret that. Could a few games move more hardware than the Wii? Hell yeah, I'm willing to place my money on Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII, and Metal Gear Solid 4, you know, those games you ejected when you replied to me.

Could all those games "COMBINED" move hardware? Oh boy, I'm willing to make that bet.

You being a female has nothing to do with my hate. You being a sony fanboy is everything i need to know.

However i'm willing to bet that all Mario Kart / Smash Bros brawl / Wii fit are going to outsell anything on the ps3.

And that includes the all mighty "omg gt5/ff13/mgs 4"

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:

You being a female has nothing to do with me. You being a sony fanboy is everything i need to know.

However i'm willing to bet that all Mario Kart / Smash Bros brawl / Wii fit are going to outsell anything on the ps3.

I guess you couldn't find where in my post I said those games would outsell the Wii. But hey carlos, look at the bright side... um... yeah, the bright side.

Believe you me, if you were a betting man, you'd be dead by now, or missing a few fingers.

TheBigFatJ said:
Famine said:

If Sony can make sure for certain that their big guns all release in 2008, then I have reason to believe that PS3 could make a few heads turn. It's an impressive lineup:

• Metal Gear Solid 4
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Killzone 2
  • Haze
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Tekken 6
  • White Knight Story
  • Disgea 3

I don't know if you guys thought the PS3 would cut the price of the PS3, but needless to say, a year after its release and there is a $200 cheaper PS3 on the market. I just wonder if Sony will feel "froggy" and decide to jump on the next price cut.

All of these, except perhaps Final Fantasy, were touted by most of the Sony faithful as why the PS3 would be great in 2007. What makes you think 2008 will be so different. I'd say it's generally accepted that Final Fantasy isn't a 2008 title.

I'm hoping to get a PS3 in 2008 myself. The things stopping me right now are:

(1) No PS2 BC on the $400 model.

(2) $400 is a pretty high price -- the system needs more games that I really want before I'll pay that much (it has 2 or 3 now).

(3) There are tons of good DS and Wii games that I are keeping me very busy. This makes it harder to justify buying a PS3 in my own mind.

I'm particularly interested in seeing how the big well-known exclusive franchises do on the PS3. R&C did terrible, but it didn't bomb as badly as Uncharted. It seems like the more well known ones will do better. How much better? Will MGS 4 break a million units world wide in its launch week?

You would think there was some sort of Video Games sales chart website that tells you roughly how many copies of each game has sold.

Ratchet and Clank Future: 0.51 million

Uncharted: 0.43 million

Heavenly Sword:  0.66 million

Warhawk: 0.32 million (plus downloads) 

Folklore: 0.12 million (but missing European numbers)

Lair: 0.21 million 

All around only games that sold badly are Folklore and Lair (not shown) and Folklore could have sold a good deal more but Euro/Other sales are unknown at this time.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

@ssj12

Warhawk is around 700k if you include downloads check the leader boards.

Also Uncharted should be at were Ratchet is right now since its selling very well(could soon hit 1M).

mM
Famine said:
carlos710 said:

You being a female has nothing to do with me. You being a sony fanboy is everything i need to know.

I guess you couldn't find where in my post I said those games would outsell the Wii. But hey carlos, look at the bright side... um... yeah, the bright side.

Believe you me, if you were a betting man, you'd be dead by now, or missing a few fingers.

So none of the all mighty ps3 games are going to outsell any big Wii game ?

thanks for playing :) 

carlos710 said:

carlos, I asked you to find me where exactly I said Disgea 3 would outsell the Wii, and you still are "weaseling" your way out of it. What's the point of playing with someone who doesn't know how to play at all?

Famine said:

carlos710 said:

carlos, I asked you to find me where exactly I said Disgea 3 would outsell the Wii, and you still are "weaseling" your way out of it. What's the point of playing with someone who doesn't know how to play at all?

However you said that the ps3 is going to do better due to those games (even if the biggest of them is not coming out in 08). My point is that the Wii is going to do even better because it has the biggest games.  So the only difference in 2008 is that the Wii is going to get a price cut AND increased production AND the biggest games. So the Wii is only going to increase it's adventage

"Wii are Legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
Famine said:

carlos710 said:

However you said that the ps3 is going to do better due to those games (even if the biggest of them is not coming out in 08). My point is that the Wii is going to do even better because it has the biggest games. So the only difference in 2008 is that the Wii is going to get a price cut AND increased production AND the biggest games. So the Wii is only going to increase it's adventage

"Wii are Legion, for Wii are many"

"But even Wii falls to the PC God"

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453