By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2007 is now settled - will 2008 be any different?

@ robjoh

Of course that is probarbly not the case and the PDA is more of a tool that helps the PC.

This may also be or become the case for handheld consoles as well, I have become a lot more interested in the PSP (we own two Nintendo DS systems) with the ability to have access to the media stored on my PS3 and potentially extended remote play functionality. Thus it may also be or become interesting for PSP owners to get a PS3.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:

@ koffieboon

Search for Wii:

http://www.neck.nl/produkt/produkte.mb1

(Direct Leverbaar)

Neckermann delivers a Wii to your doorstep within 24 hours.

Strong example, considering availability now doesn't mean it was there all December. And even more importantly, at the moment it has a delivery time of above 2 weeks. Anyway, just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it wasn't in short supply at least in a significant part of de Randstad. 

@ koffieboon

The Wii so far was available for the whole of December in the Netherlands, I just wanted to point out you could get a Wii within 24 hours even for where you live (it was correct at the time of posting for Neckermann).

Otto, search for Wii:

http://www.otto.nl

"Vóór 12 uur besteld, morgen in huis"

Order before 12, arrives at your home the next day.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

2008 will be the same as 2007 with the Wii on top the question is by how much and can it continue to increase the momentum and continue to be sold out everywhere? Also I expect PS3 to get much closer to 360 in number wise and expect to see PS3 consistantly out selling the 360 on a world basis, by no later than the end of 2009 the PS3 will surpass 360, i can promise that much.

"Like you know"

MikeB said:

@ koffieboon

The Wii so far was available for the whole of December in the Netherlands, I just wanted to point out you could get a Wii within 24 hours even for where you live (it was correct at the time of posting for Neckermann).

Otto, search for Wii:

http://www.otto.nl

"Vóór 12 uur besteld, morgen in huis"

Order before 12, arrives at your home the next day.

Ok, this is the last time I'm going to correct your bogus claims: Otto says: "Tijdelijk niet op voorraad. Levering binnen 3 weken." Maybe you live in some weird other dimension of The Netherlands, but the Wii was not readily available in the region where I live, which happens to be part of the country where the majority of the population of the Netherlands lives. So quite an important part. Also I like to restate that I sold a Wii on the internet a few days before Christmas and within an hour I received a lot of bids on it, and none of them were below the actual retail price. Now do you think people in the Netherlands are stupid and prefer to buy items from an individual when they can walk into a store and just buy a Wii? Also why would the person who I sold it to tell me he wasn't able to find the Wii anywhere? Of course Wiis must have been in some stores during December, cause I'm sure Wiis will have been sold, but after Sinterklaas they simply weren't easily available anymore in the region where I live.

PS: Please stop posting links to internet sites. So far it only proved me right because they're not available there. And even if they have them in stock now it doesn't proof they had them in stock before Christmas. 

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ robjoh

Of course that is probarbly not the case and the PDA is more of a tool that helps the PC.

This may also be or become the case for handheld consoles as well, I have become a lot more interested in the PSP (we own two Nintendo DS systems) with the ability to have access to the media stored on my PS3 and potentially extended remote play functionality. Thus it may also be or become interesting for PSP owners to get a PS3.

Of cours, this might be the case looking how both Sony and Nintendo is using the handhelds with their home consol. Even if I think Nintendo is a little bit to slow only having downloadable demos to DS in Japan. But for the moment NDS and probarbly PSP too has a lot of users which primary gaming plattform is a handheld device.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

@ koffieboon

Stop that fanboyism please, I know the Wii still wasn't completely sold out as I have seen them in shops recently. I just wanted to provide you some help, but instead of thanking me you out cheapshots. But why exactly? Neckermann had the Wii in stock when I posted that link (so you should have been quicker if you wanted one, not hitting the link two days later!, maybe someone quicker than you wants to confirm?), if you want to make allegations, call them to ask if they had them listed on their website when I posted that link or not!

If you really wanted one, you could have owned one by now with little effort! We bought one for my kid sister.

http://www.spelcomputers.com They may have some for those who care..

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

@ koffieboon

Stop that fanboyism please, I know the Wii still wasn't completely sold out as I have seen them in shops recently. I just wanted to provide you some help, but instead of thanking me you out cheapshots. But why exactly? Neckermann had the Wii in stock when I posted that link (so you should have been quicker if you wanted one, not hitting the link two days later!, maybe someone quicker than you wants to confirm?), if you want to make allegations, call them to ask if they had them listed on their website when I posted that link or not!

If you really wanted one, you could have owned one by now with little effort! We bought one for my kid sister.

http://www.spelcomputers.com They may have some for those who care..

A. Seeing them instore somewhere recently doesn't mean there aren't shortages.

B. Don't accuse me of being a fanboy, cause I'm not even close to one.

C. I don't need help looking for a Wii, I have one for a long time already. It just happens to be that if I enter a store in recent weeks they never have any Wiis in stock as far as I could see. And more importantly, I myself SOLD A WII ABOVE RETAIL PRICE just a few days before Christmas. Please explain how that is possible without the Wii being in short supply?

D. Good for you that you managed to buy a Wii for your kid sister. That doesn't prove anything about Wii availability though. 

E. Don't bother to reply unless you at least explain me selling a Wii above retail price isn't a sign of shortages. 

@ koffieboon

Reread the thread, I only stated the Wii wasn't sold out in the Netherlands. I also stated that I think Nintendo could easily meet demand since the Wii doesn't include complex hardware for modern standards and they have enough resources available.

Actually I would have wished to see pallets full of Wiis in the stores, if I am correct it may make some business sense to Nintendo but IMO it's a mistake to have shortages at this point.

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
@ koffieboon

Reread the thread, I only stated the Wii wasn't sold out in the Netherlands. I also stated that I think Nintendo could easily meet demand since the Wii doesn't include complex hardware for modern standards and they have enough resources available.

Actually I would have wished to see pallets full of Wiis in the stores, if I am correct it may make some business sense to Nintendo but IMO it's a mistake to have shortages at this point.

Yes, you stated. That is the point. He gave more stronger arguments (very more) that the Wii was indeed sold out before christmas in Netherlands. So, could you stop reitaring your "statement", if you don't have more arguments, please ?

To you, Wii is " a simple hardware" and this is your only view to the difficulty of producing enough hardware to meet demand. This is childish. There is far more in such a process than "difficulty to produce" (by fanboy standard).

Nobody deny it would have been "better" for Nintendo to have more Wiis in store, but the real world is a bit more complicated than the will of a random poster on Internet Fora.