By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Against the grain: Why Super Mario Galaxy 2 would be better on the 360

disolitude said:
Conegamer said:
Mr.Metralha said:

This game needs pointer controls to work. A classic gamepad just like a PSone pad isn't up to the task.

It would be better graphically though, but as it is, it doesn't look bad either...

Pretty much this. Just because it's doable on the 360 doesn't mean it'll be as good, or better, for that matter

Completely untrue...Plays fine with second analog pad.

Does it now? But is it really improved by this? And is it worth being ported to the other consoles due to this improvement being noticable and radial to accomodate this change?

If the answer is no, then it wouldn't be improved. That's what the article says

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
disolitude said:
Conegamer said:
Mr.Metralha said:

This game needs pointer controls to work. A classic gamepad just like a PSone pad isn't up to the task.

It would be better graphically though, but as it is, it doesn't look bad either...

Pretty much this. Just because it's doable on the 360 doesn't mean it'll be as good, or better, for that matter

Does it now? But is it really improved by this? And is it worth being ported to the other consoles due to this improvement being noticable and radial to accomodate this change?

Its a different experience...I find it improved as I don't have to shake my controller every time I want mario to spin or whatever. Other people may not like that and may like pointing and shaking their wiimote...

Im not saying that this little change warrants a port of Mario to the 360,it doesn't... HD graphics are nice, but I think next gen, all the wii games are going to be HD. They look great when resolution is upped on the PC emulator already so...

disolitude said:
Conegamer said:
disolitude said:
Conegamer said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Its a different experience...I find it improved as I don't have to shake my controller every time I want mario to spin or whatever. Other people may not like that and may like pointing and shaking their wiimote...

Im not saying that this little change warrants a port of Mario to the 360,it doesn't... HD graphics are nice, but I think next gen, all the wii games are going to be HD. They look great when resolution is upped on the PC emulator already so...

I'll settle with this, as I believe it to be true

Different people have different preferences. I prefer the IR pointer for shooters, but others do not. I see no point of enforcing my point of view onto people. If you have a different opinion, good for you. I feel as though this point was made pretty clearly in the thread, the OP, and one which needs to be brought to the forefront of the public's attention

I'm sorry, I find it difficult to write formally on forums

Galaxy 1&2 came from the masterminds at nintendo...a first party game that belongs on a nintendo system.

The controller is a preference really.  Wiimote was mighty fine for mario I thought.

I think it's the complete opposite - - - Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty much the one of the only games that would make no difference whether it was on a more powerful console - It's visuals are absolutely gorgeous just the way they are

There are games like SMG2 that look fabulous on Wii,  Donkey Kong Country Returns comes to mind, Kirby's Epic Yarn too - - - - I really think games like these look great the way they are

I do think, however, that most other games would look better on more powerful systems. I think something like Zelda would really benefit from a more powerful console, so would Epic Mickey, The Last Story, Monster Hunter...etc

So I guess my answer is no, SMG2 would not be better on X360

Around the Network

Seriosly though, how much improvemets on graphics could the 360 do on galaxy 2, the game is already beautiful

disolitude said:

I played the definitive version of Super Mario Galaxy 2, on my PC with a 360 controller and 1080p/3D vision.

I'm pretty sure xbox 360 can't touch that experience...

Ha, when I clicked the trhead I knew I'd find this post by you lol

Without the pointer functionality, the game loses much of its charm so it'd in fact be worse on the XBOX 360

why xbox? its ps3 that has the move.

all wii games would be better on ps3. HD graphics, higher frame rate, more precise controls through the increase in pixels combined with the psmove, better/more AI....pretty much anything you can think of could get better.

fps_d0minat0r said:

why xbox? its ps3 that has the move.

all wii games would be better on ps3. HD graphics, higher frame rate, more precise controls through the increase in pixels combined with the psmove, better/more AI....pretty much anything you can think of could get better.

Here we go...

Remember one thing, though. The link I found was made on an Xbox forum, for people who have an Xbox. That's the reason I said it