By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uk amazon slaes rank... consoles

FishyJoe said:

I've put my bets on Nintendo. Nintendo is going to keep on making me money. I put my money where my mouth is. I've already made enough money to buy a small car.

If you're right, Sony is in good shape and the PS3 and Blu-ray sales are going to do well, you stand to make a fortune. It makes no sense to pass up such an opportunity.

LMFAO

you play your stock bs.

Around the Network

The PS3 is in plentiful supply in the UK so no-one is going to make any money selling them on ebay.

The Wii on the other hand is back to selling for £250 (£70 over retail) plus on ebay.co.uk which proves that demand is still far outstripping supply.

I'm surprised by those 360 v PS3 Amazon figures. If that's indicative of other retailers then bad news for MS and good news for Sony. 

Arcturus said:
FishyJoe said:
Invest in Sony stock. Put your money where your mouth is.

Can you think of anything more original to say? You've been repeating yourself with this same comment several times in the past few days. It's really getting old.

I want to make money. If I believed that Sony was going to make lots of it, I would invest in it. I would have absolutely no problem selling my NTDOY shares if I believed Sony was in a position to beat them out. I want to bet on the winner.

I want people to tell me they believe in Sony so much they are willing to invest in it. I want them to convince me that Sony is the right buy.

FishyJoe said:
Arcturus said:
FishyJoe said:

Can you think of anything more original to say? You've been repeating yourself with this same comment several times in the past few days. It's really getting old.

I want to make money. If I believed that Sony was going to make lots of it, I would invest in it. I would have absolutely no problem selling my NTDOY shares if I believed Sony was in a position to beat them out. I want to bet on the winner.

I want people to tell me they believe in Sony so much they are willing to invest in it. I want them to convince me that Sony is the right buy.

I have no problem with that so why not make a new thread about it to discuss it there? It seems irrelevant to bring it up in a thread about how the consoles rank on UK Amazon.

Sorry, you're right. It's kind of pointless arguing with someone that refuses to consider your view point anyways.

Back to the subject at hand. If Wii's are selling so poorly in the UK, surely eBay sales should be in the dumper?  

Around the Network

Well last week Wii sold 25k to PS3's 17k and 360's 11k in the UK, if the Wii is selling poorly what does that say about the other two?

"Wii - 144

PS3 - 21

Xbox 360 - 48

.... France

PS3  - 24

Wii - 38

Xbox 360 Core - 932 ..... premium - 517"

??? What ???

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b/026-7307505-9234864?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=&Go.x=9&Go.y=14&Go=Go

Wii = 4

PS3 = 6

Xbox360 = 43

http://www.ranktracer.com/check_asin.php

Wii = 154

PS3 = 25

Xbox360 = 42 

Amazon's own best-selling tracking system shows very different numbers from the website you were probably using (ranktracer) - I would personally trust what Amazon reports as Amazon's numbers more than what another website reports as Amazon's numbers. Of course, your preference may differ.

In any case, this just goes to show you can find 100 different sources to pull out of your hat, @$$ or wherever numbers and statistics just to fit your, or anyone else's, argument.

I wouldn't trust any of these stats anyhow, as they are too narrow a sample. Amazon is not the only place on earth to shop for consoles, you know. 

FishyJoe said:
Arcturus said:
FishyJoe said:

Ok, as soon as I'm financially able to do so I will. What does that prove? You'll just stick to whatever you believe. Of course Nintendo is going to make money because they already are on each console sold. It's genius.

Financial analysts on fox and msnbc have mentioned that Sony is probably a good buy now since they are down a little and stand to rebound. Oh well, make your money.

last weeks UK sales figures say this thread is made of uber-spin and fail.

your mother said:

"Wii - 144

PS3 - 21

Xbox 360 - 48

.... France

PS3 - 24

Wii - 38

Xbox 360 Core - 932 ..... premium - 517"

??? What ???

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b/026-7307505-9234864?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=&Go.x=9&Go.y=14&Go=Go

Wii = 4

PS3 = 6

Xbox360 = 43

http://www.ranktracer.com/check_asin.php

Wii = 154

PS3 = 25

Xbox360 = 42

Amazon's own best-selling tracking system shows very different numbers from the website you were probably using (ranktracer) - I would personally trust what Amazon reports as Amazon's numbers more than what another website reports as Amazon's numbers. Of course, your preference may differ.

In any case, this just goes to show you can find 100 different sources to pull out of your hat, @$$ or wherever numbers and statistics just to fit your, or anyone else's, argument.

I wouldn't trust any of these stats anyhow, as they are too narrow a sample. Amazon is not the only place on earth to shop for consoles, you know.

Plus I'm not surehow long Amazon's sales ranking cover.

Is it a day, week, hour, month? If it's only say one day, then they dont mean much as they will change rapidly.