By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy game are YOU most excited about?

Which Final Fantasy game are YOU most excited about?

FF: Versus 93 59.62%

FF: Type-0 25 16.03%

FF: 13-2 32 20.51%

FF: Dissidia Duodecim 6 3.85%

Total:156

Super excited for Versus XIII

but more so for XIII-2 mostly because I LOVED FFXIII and the fact that it looks like Versus XIII isn't going to come out until like 2 weeks before next-gen starts at this point.

Around the Network

FFXIII-2, of course.

This is a good question at this point.

I'm looking forward to Type 0, XIII-2 and Versus.  All 3 has me really intrigued and I'm hyped for all of them.

Type 0 looks like a really deep and well developed FF titles for the handheld, and I must say it's nice to see something done like this by S-E, after they offered the PSP nothing but remakes and sub-par titles like Crisis Core.

I'm really looking forward to it, and it seems like the atmosphere will be similar to the pre VII titles that I so love. 

XIII-2 is promised to address the first game's criticism from the fans, and also improve the battle system.  I enjoyed the first game for what it was, and the battle system was enjoyable to me after you got through the first 20 or so hours.  I love the universe and the mythology of the game, and Lightning is a decent enough character that could benefit from a stronger storytelling (XIII' story was extremely badly told, so I hope they address that for the sequel).

Then come Versus XIII.  I have never been a fan of Nomura.  I always found his designs extremely bland, repetitive and boring.  His Kingdom Hearts series was interesting at first, but then it got overly convoluted and diluted. Never cared about the series after the first game.  So when it was revealed he would get a shot at a big Final Fantasy project, I was skeptical.  I knew the designs would be leather and zippers filled, and that I wouldn't really like them, but I thought maybe the rest could stand out, like gameplay and story.  Then he went on saying that he wanted to give fans what they want, like airships, a world map, a return to what FF was prior to FF X (except for the real time battle system).  So this meant I was now officially intrigued and interested. 

Right now, I must say that from those 3 titles, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most.  Even if I still dislike the bland character designs.

Versus XIII.......Nomura > all

Type-0! No contest!

Around the Network

Type 0 FTW!

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Type-0

But I wont say why because I dont want to star a flame war and some people will get banned.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

These days, it's frankly, none of them. I'm not happy with the direction that Final Fantasy has been going for some time now, so I don't get excited about any of them anymore. If I had to pick one, it'd be Type-0, on the hopes that it brings back some of the old-style gameplay, but I know better than to hold my breath. I'm more curious about how these games would do if they weren't branded with the words 'Final Fantasy', but that's a question that can't be answered...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

FFXIII Versus.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E