By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should Embrace homebrew

RVDondaPC said:
Ajescent said:

They did they allowed Linux and other OS...until some decided that wasn't good enough for them.

But they never distributed homebrew or anything. They never gave a platform for home brew developers to distribute their stuff to the masses or potentially make money. 

They did have a platform.  It was called Firefox on Linux.  Like Ajescent said, some just didn't think that all Sony gave them was good enough.  I, myself, was quite happy with it.  Loved making my PS3 into a basic computer and playing some classic games on my HD TV.  But because of those certain hackers, I had to choose between new games/PSN or Linux.  I chose the games.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
RVDondaPC said:
Ajescent said:

They did they allowed Linux and other OS...until some decided that wasn't good enough for them.

But they never distributed homebrew or anything. They never gave a platform for home brew developers to distribute their stuff to the masses or potentially make money. 

They did have a platform.  It was called Firefox on Linux.  Like Ajescent said, some just didn't think that all Sony gave them was good enough.  I, myself, was quite happy with it.  Loved making my PS3 into a basic computer and playing some classic games on my HD TV.  But because of those certain hackers, I had to choose between new games/PSN or Linux.  I chose the games.

Most people don't even know what Firefox is or Linux, let alone how to install them or are willing to try and figure that stuff out. If Sony promoted it in the PSN or on the XMB as Apps, every PS3 owner with an internet connection would know about it. That's the masses. Not firefox on linux that you have to install and figure out yourself. 

It may be ilegal and would cut sony profits...

think one second about the amount of sales from PSX, MINIs and little PSN games....