By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you HATE a Hardware Manufacturer?

Do you HATE a Hardware Manufacturer?

Sony 48 20.69%

Microsoft 53 22.84%

Nintendo 6 2.59%

Apple 49 21.12%

More than 1. (If yes, an honest Fanboy?) 8 3.45%

None. 68 29.31%

Total:232

Hate? No.

Dislike? Yeah.

I dislike Apple due to their overinflated prices and general policies on their products. I also dislike Microsoft for turning their backs on the PC market and the way they're pushing mainstream gaming.

I am disappointed with Sony due to the amount of mistakes and dick moves they've made this gen.

I also wish Nintendo worked with third parties more to help them push big titles on the Wii.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

I can't say I 'hate' any (that word is almost exclusively used on my views regarding the free market, fascism, post-modernism, the new right and the like).

I dislike the gaming culture that exists under Microsoft and to a lesser degree Sony, but that is by no means a hatred.

disolitude said:

They can all burn in hell.

S-E-G-A!

Right on Brother!

Former something....

Why would u hate any manufacturer?

This is just stupid. 

As a manufacturer, I dislike:

1. Apple (I hate the "roundy-Apple-shapes" of their devices, I hate Steve Jobs and all his sheeps, I hate the iPhone trend, I hate Mac computers... I could go on and on...)

2. Sony (Ugly hardware... look at the PS1, PS2 and PS3... 3 of the most ugliest console of all-time. Bland and unnatractive, it doesn't stand out. The PS3 hardware component doesn't help too: bad design choices, Blu-Ray is so slow... games need big installs... looonnng updates... console slow to turn off... Sony removing features over time... Poor controller design(made for little hands, bad triggers, annoying analog stick placement and surface, feel cheap in the hand)... I could go on and on).

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

Microsoft. After reading a LONG article/essay, about all of their awful business practices, etc. Idk if I could say I "hate" them though, just highly dislike.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Don't really hate or dislike any hardware manufacturers. Sure I avoid some but not because of hate/dislike.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Well, as video game console manufacturers, yes, I do hate Sony, MS and, to an extent, Apple. Not for the quality of their systems though - PS360 would be downright awesome if they were to my tastes - but mainly because I feel better buying from a brand that has to have me (or, more appropriately, the industry) as its highest priority.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

I hate Nintendo for introducing that abortion of a control device, the joypad.  The pad made console gaming non-enjoyable for 15 years. 

Of course, Apple continues to brainwash folks with form over function devices, which is highly annoying for those of us that prefer to have functional devices.

Yes, I asked the bottom of my heart and it told me I actually hate Apple.