By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So whats your new Zodiak Sign?!

So whats your new Zodiak Sign?!

I hate my new sign! 15 35.71%

I love my new sign! 10 23.81%

But I miss being a magical fish in the sky! 5 11.90%

First Pluto... 12 28.57%

Total:42
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, I was a Gemini/Cancer cusp, but I guess I'm now Taurus/Gemini cusp (June 22).

Snap!

I think this is for people born circa 2009 though. I never liked Gemini, Taurus is ok but the new one sounds like a pokemon, I want that one!

Sure, scientist just found out that stars actually behave like electrons.

Also, isn't it beautiful how many people who tought their personality was so accurate to their sign will say "oh, but this is accurate too", without even noticing just what that means.

Around the Network

The new chart only affects those born in this year. If you were born a Gemini for example, you are still a Gemini.

Tropical Astrology and Sidereal Astrology are two completely branches of Astrology. When most people say "Zodiac", most of the time they're mistakenly confusing the two as one. There are TWO completely different forms of Astrology, kind of like Christianity, where you can become either Catholic, Lutheran, or Protestant. You can choose to believe in either Sidereal, or Tropical. However, most of the people on Y!A go by the Tropical Astrology. 

Here's the difference:

Tropical Astrology, which is a more modern and commonly used form of Astrology, is based roughly on your actual date of birth. For example; People born in July are either Cancer or Leo, those born in August are either Leo or Virgo. This is probably the method you are most familiar with. 

Sidereal Astrology, is a old, old old old (we're talking about thousands of years old) form of Astrology that is actually based off the alignments of the stars. This was the beginning of Astrology, where people used to predict from the arrangements of the stars in space. This type of Astrology is quite unsound and unreliable, because it is really difficult to record all the movements of the stars throughout thousands of years worth of time, and quite frankly, no one even bothered to try. Now, all of a sudden, this late-blooming Scientist decided to enlighten the world with a branch of Astrology that has already been discovered, and probably just to recieve credit and recognization. 

In Sidereal Astrology, there has been a recent shift in the Zodiac. They've (the Scientist) added a new sign, called the OCTOPUSIKGHEKwhatever, probably just for the sake of it. I use the Tropical version of Astrology, so I don't know a lot about Sidereal, but all you basically need to know is that Sidereal has nothing to do with Tropical. If you decide to remain faithful to the Tropical Zodiac, then you are still the sign that you have always believed you were. However, you have the option to switch to Sidereal Astrology, and in that case, you'd have to surrender your sign and find out the new one you are now assigned to.

I am a Virgo now, I was pretty excited until I realized that not a single aspect of my life has changed at all in comparison with last year, my excitement continued to diminish further when I remembered that I think Zodiak signs are a load of bullshit.

Each to their own I guess..

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

dany612 said:

The new chart only affects those born in this year. If you were born a Gemini for example, you are still a Gemini.

Tropical Astrology and Sidereal Astrology are two completely branches of Astrology. When most people say "Zodiac", most of the time they're mistakenly confusing the two as one. There are TWO completely different forms of Astrology, kind of like Christianity, where you can become either Catholic, Lutheran, or Protestant. You can choose to believe in either Sidereal, or Tropical. However, most of the people on Y!A go by the Tropical Astrology. 

Here's the difference:

Tropical Astrology, which is a more modern and commonly used form of Astrology, is based roughly on your actual date of birth. For example; People born in July are either Cancer or Leo, those born in August are either Leo or Virgo. This is probably the method you are most familiar with. 

Sidereal Astrology, is a old, old old old (we're talking about thousands of years old) form of Astrology that is actually based off the alignments of the stars. This was the beginning of Astrology, where people used to predict from the arrangements of the stars in space. This type of Astrology is quite unsound and unreliable, because it is really difficult to record all the movements of the stars throughout thousands of years worth of time, and quite frankly, no one even bothered to try. Now, all of a sudden, this late-blooming Scientist decided to enlighten the world with a branch of Astrology that has already been discovered, and probably just to recieve credit and recognization. 

In Sidereal Astrology, there has been a recent shift in the Zodiac. They've (the Scientist) added a new sign, called the OCTOPUSIKGHEKwhatever, probably just for the sake of it. I use the Tropical version of Astrology, so I don't know a lot about Sidereal, but all you basically need to know is that Sidereal has nothing to do with Tropical. If you decide to remain faithful to the Tropical Zodiac, then you are still the sign that you have always believed you were. However, you have the option to switch to Sidereal Astrology, and in that case, you'd have to surrender your sign and find out the new one you are now assigned to.

and you actually belive in Astrology do you...?

Didn't you guys read? It was all some misunderstading, really. Everyone's back to their old signs. So yay. I guess.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
dany612 said:

Here's the difference:

The scientist in question was called for an interview about astronomy, and just answered questions, one of them about the precession of Earth's axis. The people asking the questions then made and article caiming "scientist says there should be 13 signs" or something like that while he doesn't give a shit about astrology at all.

Anyway, it makes zerto sense to only affect people born in an arbitrary year, just shows how made up the entire thing is.

About tropical vs sideral, frankly, the babylonians at least had some reasoning behind their belief, while this "tropical" branch is just lazy and even more arbitrary. Kudos.

Acevil said:

Damnit I like being Aquirius, but really no one follows this rule. I still wonder if we follow Leap years correctly, since earth cycle is 365.24 not 365.25. 

The rule isn't just "every year multiple of four has an extra day". If that year is also a multiple of 100 then there's no extra day, unless it's a multiple of 400 too. It's not perfect either but it takes thousands of years to get wrong by a day.

Click on our website:

http://www.etradinglife.com

The website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

Well, that's a load off!

Though how do we have the option to switch if it only affects those born since 2009.

Frankly I prefer my Chinese sign, cause I'm a rooster, metal element. Maybe a weathercock? Or a cock of steel? Eitherway I don't care too much about crabs, except at a fancy dinner.

I went from Cancer to Gemini meh. I care more about the Chinese zodiac. Year of the Snake FTW!

Was a Virgo, now a Leo.. I'm bummed, Virgo described me so much better! I was honest, trustworthy, intelligent, kind, quiet, peacemaker, logical. Now I am self centered, reckless, violent, and stuck up.. At least I am now creative though, and apparently a leader :P

On the plus side, I was just some virgin, but now I get to be a lion! RAWR