By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Le Mans 24 Hour Endurance (GT5 A-Spec)

I actually wouldnt be suprised if he has fallen asleep at the wheel ha ha, i want to know what you win, because this is like the biggest race on here

Around the Network

I'll attempt the 9 hour endurance race when I reach the level it unlocks at but theres no way in hell I'm doing the 24 hr races until they allow you to save your game during the race. I really hope they add that option. But right now I'm taking a break from the game to play DCUO. I'll do the seasonal events to level up a bit and check the game when new updates release but right now I'm taking a months break from the game.

Mummelmann said:

I have the Driving Force GT myself, bought it for GT4 actually. Is it any good with GT5? I really want to play with a wheel! How do you make the pedals stick though? The only way I know how to is using them on a carpet so they don't slide away when you push at them.

I don't use anything special, I've just positioned them on the bottom of my table, in a place they can't slide anywhere. 

It's been pretty ergonomic so far, and the DFGT works like a charm with GT5, I strongly recommend playing with it

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I've just finished the race, I'm going to update the OP

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

OP updated to it's final version! 

Oh man, I'm tired >_<.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
skeezer said:

Man you have super human skills to do this all on your own, I mean the real le mans is completed using more the one driver :P. 

I plan on getting a wheel as soon as I can get the money. I use the ZR1 RM for the A-spec indy and the FGT for B-spec Dream Car Championship. I haven't gotten to lvl30 yet in a-spec to get the X2010 and i'm afraid that I might not be able to complete it with my DS3. =

Nahhh, I just had a lot of free time this weekend and a lot of patience as well

The Sebastian Vettel challenge is doable with a DS3, but I haven't seen anyone get beyond silver with it. Everyone I've read over at GTplanet, who have the Gold on that challenge, were all driving with a wheel.

Heck, even with a wheel, getting gold on Suzuka was almost impossible for me >_<.

I tried the Vettel challenge and I'm so far off the pace it's not even funny (for Bronze!). I've watched the vid of you doing Suzuka, and the demos of Vettel, and I have no clue how you guys can brake so late and turn in so quick, especially with DS3. 

Absolute respect for being able to gold all three.

Scoobes said:
lestatdark said:
skeezer said:

Man you have super human skills to do this all on your own, I mean the real le mans is completed using more the one driver :P. 

I plan on getting a wheel as soon as I can get the money. I use the ZR1 RM for the A-spec indy and the FGT for B-spec Dream Car Championship. I haven't gotten to lvl30 yet in a-spec to get the X2010 and i'm afraid that I might not be able to complete it with my DS3. =

The Sebastian Vettel challenge is doable with a DS3, but I haven't seen anyone get beyond silver with it. Everyone I've read over at GTplanet, who have the Gold on that challenge, were all driving with a wheel.

Heck, even with a wheel, getting gold on Suzuka was almost impossible for me >_<.

I tried the Vettel challenge and I'm so far off the pace it's not even funny (for Bronze!). I've watched the vid of you doing Suzuka, and the demos of Vettel, and I have no clue how you guys can brake so late and turn in so quick, especially with DS3. 

I haven't tried it with a DS3, but with a wheel, to be able to make those turns, I had to turn it pretty agressively. 

It also helps to have a bit of acceleration when turning, as the fan effect is increased when the engine is in the low RPM yield.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

OP updated to it's final version! 

Oh man, I'm tired >_<.

Hehe, rest up. You'll need it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

lestatdark said:
Scoobes said:
lestatdark said:
skeezer said:

I haven't tried it with a DS3, but with a wheel, to be able to make those turns, I had to turn it pretty agressively. 

It also helps to have a bit of acceleration when turning, as the fan effect is increased when the engine is in the low RPM yield.

I have the same problem with the vettel challenge, can't get close to bronze. It seems there's a delay on turning with the ds3, or maybe I'm starting to notice my display lag now with this car. I'm always too late with turning and turn slightly too long. I wish it would let you practice for a while instead of resetting every time you go too far off course.

Are you gonna get to lvl40 just by doing this 24hr over and over? o.o WTF PD!!!

^_^