By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM 4 releasing in April!

I think im getting motion sickness...

Tease.

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Mordred11 said:

The question is,will it boost Move sales?

Yes- but its not gonna be a huge increase the week it releases or anything. 

OT- SOCOM is awesome, and I'm gonna laugh when this outsells killzone 3 despite the fact that sony is much more invested in killzone. 

I just hope it isn't too casualized.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
iLi-JoE-iLi said:

Well I guess it depends in some instances. The Move could help Socom push sales since the times I've seen the Move in action it has been when someone is playing Socom.  I'm not entirely sure, but didn't the Offical PS Headset release around the time Socom was released as well? That could be why it was bundled. In my opinion, Socom's sales will be reflected upon the initial sales rather than it having legs. I'm only basing this assumption on Confrontation though.

Another thing to keep in mind is that new comers to the Socom franchise that played Confrontation may pass up Socom 4 because Confrontation was seriously a horrible and broken game. Sony lives & dies from the "word of mouth" approach and I don't know many people that praised Confrontation at all. It was definitely the first Socom I've played & would never recommend it to anyone.

Confrontation wasn't made by the true Socom team, it was made by Slant Six. Despite that, the franchise made a pretty significant impact on PlayStation (Confrontation was the most played game on PSN at one point). Socom 4 will be fine.

OT: I have a lot of games to pick up as is, so this may have to wait a little bit. Still looks and sounds good, especially considering the campaign has been acted out (similar to the Uncharted series).

I know it wasn't made by Zipper because they were working on MAG at the time. That still doesn't justify the point in being that it had a bad impression on many gamers & reviewers alike. I'm not saying Socom 4 will be a bad game, but that it won't come close to achieving the sales of Killzone 3 ( imo of course). I think I read how this site doesn't keep track of downloadable sales, but how many hard copies did Confrontation sale? It was less than a million wasn't it?

Socom is truly like Ghost Recon where it has a core group. They don't sell in large numbers, but the community is really tight and just as competitive as bigger franchises like COD & such.

iLi-JoE-iLi said:
CGI-Quality said:

I know it wasn't made by Zipper because they were working on MAG at the time. That still doesn't justify the point in being that it had a bad impression on many gamers & reviewers alike. I'm not saying Socom 4 will be a bad game, but that it won't come close to achieving the sales of Killzone 3 ( imo of course). I think I read how this site doesn't keep track of downloadable sales, but how many hard copies did Confrontation sale? It was less than a million wasn't it?

Socom is truly like Ghost Recon where it has a core group. They don't sell in large numbers, but the community is really tight and just as competitive as bigger franchises like COD & such.

It does concern me that people some may look at socom 4 and think of confrontation and therefore pass it up...

This is the real socom boys... my favorite online shooter in the entire ps2 era...its gonna be awesome...

I will admit however, to put a dent into the cod franchise this game needs an awesome reward/rank/gun/perk system.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

might get this depending on how good it is. so many games so little time.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good