By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrFeed Ask The Industry Questions Submission Thread

I can't believe there's not more replies to this thread...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Honestly I ask my questions to the developers themselves usually through my contacts but also at PAX, CGC and other game conventions.

But one universal question I have not asked any developers yet.

-Why did your studio choose to support 3DS but not Wii

As I have no current contacts working on 3DS I am interested in hearing the replies from studios that are. I won't pick any specific studios or developers because that would make your job harder. But It would be nice to know why studios didn't support the Wii but now will support 3DS.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

zarx said:

ok  I don't know who you have access to so I will just list a whole bunch of questions and hope I get lucky

Valve: When is the next entry in the Half-Life series coming? 

Valve: What game are you going to use to launch Sorce engine 2.0 and if it's Half-life 3 when?

What engine is Portal 2 running on? I thought it was Source engine 2?

mantlepiecek said:
zarx said:

ok  I don't know who you have access to so I will just list a whole bunch of questions and hope I get lucky

Valve: When is the next entry in the Half-Life series coming? 

Valve: What game are you going to use to launch Sorce engine 2.0 and if it's Half-life 3 when?

What engine is Portal 2 running on? I thought it was Source engine 2?

nope still the source engine, with a couple improvements mainly for better PS3 support. Apparently still no DX11 support ether... 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Source 2.0 will definitely be for HL3.

big engines like this or Unreal or Crytek need a big production showcase game, one that aws people ans sells the engine... hence the name of the engines Unreal and Crysomething.

yeah some other engines don't have big ass games attached... but they's also less popular.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:

Source 2.0 will definitely be for HL3.

big engines like this or Unreal or Crytek need a big production showcase game, one that aws people ans sells the engine... hence the name of the engines Unreal and Crysomething.

yeah some other engines don't have big ass games attached... but they's also less popular.

I could see valve using a new ip or L4D, but yea half-life 3 seems the most logical game.

anyway this is kinda getting off topic so...

anyway more questions

Lionhead Studios - Why haven't you announced a Black & White game for Kinect?

TaleWorlds/Paradox Interactive - How is Mount & Blade 2 coming along?

Ubisoft - What's next for the Prince of Persia franchise? Another re-boot or what?

THQ - Do you have any plans to bring uDraw to other platforms?

Everyone - Why do your games suck?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I'm not ignoring anything here, I have sent out some emails with these questions!

That said, I'll be attending DICE 2011 this week and bringing these questions with me. I also have some interviews already set up if there are any questions you'd like to ask these specific people:

Randy Pitchford, CEO of Gearbox

Jesse Schell, Game Design faculty at Carnegie Mellon, founder of Schell Games

Daniel Kim, CEO of Nexon America

Brian Reynolds, Chief Game Designer at Zynga

Jesse Divnich, VP of Analyst Services for EEDAR

Ted Price, CEO of Insomniac Games

I'm working on getting more and I'll update this accordingly. Cross your fingers we can get Yamauchi-san!

"Great question, but we can't talk about that at this time". 

And thats the thread. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

CaptainHavok said:

Ted Price, CEO of Insomniac Games

I know I already asked this question here, but ask him anyway: What did Insomniac learn from the 8-player coop in Resistance 2, and is it something they want to revisit at some point?

CaptainHavok said:

Brian Reynolds, Chief Game Designer at Zynga

Ask if Zynga are looking beyond the model they used to create FarmVille, FrontierVille, etc. (they're very samey, but don't say that to him), for creating more original games. The platform and connectivity in facebook is quite new for games, so it would be a shame if they didn't try to innovate with new gameplay and interaction with your friends.

CaptainHavok said:

Randy Pitchford, CEO of Gearbox

Ask if they have the rights to create new Duke Nukem games in the future. If yes, do they want to or have any plans for more Duke Nukem content after DNF? Or would they rather focus on their own original IPs?

I'll see if I can think of more.

I would like it if Ted Price could talk about his new IP that's multi-platform, we hardly know anything about it.