By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 as powerful as PS3, said Sony

Take that Soriku! He laughed of me when I told him the rumor.

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:

I will believe when I see it. Sony PR/executives always talk out of their ass. I still remember all the stupid garbage they tried to claim as truth in regards to both PS2 & PS3. I have no doubt it will look better than PSP but to be as nice looking as PS3...very doubtful. Are they goign to try selling a handheld that cost around $400 or what? 

Realistiscally, this new handheld would likely be around as powerful as either the Wii or Xbox. Which would be quite impressive tbh but PS3...thats just pure PS BS.

show me where Sony PR has said a word about the PSP2, 100% of these PSP2 talk are based on rumors and leaks. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Let's see if so, it's party time XD

Miniaturization and low power are costly, and go against tech specs. I'm not sure Sony is going to commit the same stupid decisions that they made with their last consoles, it would cost them tons of money.

I think it will be somewhere between PS2-PS3 but more on the PS3 side. Just like the PSP was.

Around the Network

Very likely with the rumors that it uses Tegra 2 platform.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Turkish said:

I think it will be somewhere between PS2-PS3 but more on the PS3 side. Just like the PSP was.

are you the same turkish on N4G..?  (O_o)

While there is hardware on the market that would be able to put a handheld into the range of the PS3, there is no way that Sony could release an affordable system with a good battery life that releases in 2011 that uses that hardware ... To make matters worse, if PS3 games were set at $60 (US) because the higher development cost of HD console games required the extra revenue what will PSP2 games cost?

Now it is entirely possible that this is just PR BS, but if it isn't I would expect a $400 to $500 handheld with $60 games; and there is no way that a system like that would be successful ...

HOW is it PR BS when Sony has said it to the devs? If it said it the audience, then it would be PR BS.

Any way, this isn't even confirmed yet.

Awesome Lets hope SONY support The PSP2 better this time.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku