By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS is facing tougher competition in several areas now

MS for a long time has had the fortune of being a monopoly with its OS and office software, but now is being threatened in several different products areas now.  

It's phone OS is losing marketshare to Android hand over foot and so is the Iphone.  Already, we have Android netbooks, as android is smaller/cheaper/ faster than the netbook version of windows.  Soon, MS will be losing more marketshare with its phones and netbooks, not good. 

Also, it is losing marketshare with its biggest cash cow, MS Office to OpenOffice.  OpenOffice is still fairly small in the US but it's gaining, most importantly b/c it is free and well made.

Also, its browser is losing marketshare, as the android OS is gaining so will Chrome (on netbooks for now anyway).  

Sell your miscrosoft stock, it ain't going up!

Around the Network

MS Doomz confirmed.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I like peanut butter.

LivingMetal said:

I like peanut butter.

With honey.

i like frieeeeed chicken!

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
LivingMetal said:

I like peanut butter.

With honey.

I like my peanut butter with deep fried bacon.

lol at thought that windows phone OS is going to go further down. Its as low as it will go man!

LOL at calling MS Offcie the "cash cow" and the thought that business will be switching to Open Office any time this decade, shuning out MS Office.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL at thought that anyone at VGChartz owns MS stock and should sell

wel theres always the timmy

i own viacom stock

supercat said:

MS for a long time has had the fortune of being a monopoly with its OS and office software, but now is being threatened in several different products areas now. 

MS was never a monoply.  However, I'm glad that their is increased competition.  Generally, the more compeition the better.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org