By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone WILL NOT be released in September 07.

Kwaad said:

I'm a owner of both killzone games out now. The original Killzone, was too much... for the PS2 to handle, and they basically tryed to cram it all in, deal with the lack of power, and ended up makeing a great game, that looks sub-par, and had some problems with the controls.

I dont think sony would invest 30million in a game, they didnt expect to sell well. (given the cost of development, it has 200+ people working on it, much of it out-soucred. Given a 10 million/year budget. (the PS3 games were started around the start of 2005) I would be willing to bet Killzone PS3 will have over a 30million$ budget. Also, the staff working on it is still growing as of this day. I cant post a link, as it is on a beta forum regarding another game... but once the final patch is done for that said game, the staff from that said game is moving to to start work on killzone PS3. So add another 20-30 people there.

Killzone PS3 will probibally end up being one of the highest budget games of all time, and quite possibly, the highest budget game of all time. (to date)

If sony expected it to fail like the original... Why would they be investing so much into it?
And I didnt say next to halo, I said before halo. Not same week, but same quarter.

Killzone and Killzone Liberation are both mid-70's games (meaning that their reviews are mostly clustered in the mid 70% range) which is typically a sign that a developer has talent but lacks the management or development process to really hit the next level. Now, I could be wrong but I suspect that one of the main reasons we haven't seen much about Killzone 2 (inspite of it being announced at E3 2005, or 2 full years ago) is that the development process/management problems are made worse by the larger budget/development team that is required for a PS3 game of this kind.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Kwaad said:

I'm a owner of both killzone games out now. The original Killzone, was too much... for the PS2 to handle, and they basically tryed to cram it all in, deal with the lack of power, and ended up makeing a great game, that looks sub-par, and had some problems with the controls.

I dont think sony would invest 30million in a game, they didnt expect to sell well. (given the cost of development, it has 200+ people working on it, much of it out-soucred. Given a 10 million/year budget. (the PS3 games were started around the start of 2005) I would be willing to bet Killzone PS3 will have over a 30million$ budget. Also, the staff working on it is still growing as of this day. I cant post a link, as it is on a beta forum regarding another game... but once the final patch is done for that said game, the staff from that said game is moving to to start work on killzone PS3. So add another 20-30 people there.

Killzone PS3 will probibally end up being one of the highest budget games of all time, and quite possibly, the highest budget game of all time. (to date)

If sony expected it to fail like the original... Why would they be investing so much into it?
And I didnt say next to halo, I said before halo. Not same week, but same quarter.

Killzone and Killzone Liberation are both mid-70's games (meaning that their reviews are mostly clustered in the mid 70% range) which is typically a sign that a developer has talent but lacks the management or development process to really hit the next level. Now, I could be wrong but I suspect that one of the main reasons we haven't seen much about Killzone 2 (inspite of it being announced at E3 2005, or 2 full years ago) is that the development process/management problems are made worse by the larger budget/development team that is required for a PS3 game of this kind.

I'm gonna say this once agian. I trust gurilla. Like I said. They bit off more than they could chew for the original. And killzone: Liberation, was a great game. I love the gameplay. It's unique. Kinda like why some reviers bash the Wii. They dont like new stuff.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
HappySqurriel said:
Kwaad said:

I'm gonna say this once agian. I trust gurilla. Like I said. They bit off more than they could chew for the original. And killzone: Liberation, was a great game. I love the gameplay. It's unique. Kinda like why some reviers bash the Wii. They dont like new stuff.

Yeah, I hate FPS's in general but i kinda liked Killzone and i LOVED Killzone Liberation on the PSP. (at least the demo)The gameplay is new and fresh... that's why i love the Wii

doesnt matter

Sony has for 2007

WarHawk

Heavenly Sword

MGS4

and a few others that I cant remember right now.. lol splitting headaches suck 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sony 'killer apps'  for 07:

Lair

Heavenly Sword

Ratchet and Clank: Future

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (maybe)

Metal Gear Solid 4 

I don't believe in killer apps anyway, but those are the biggest Sony exclusives this year, if Killzone isn't released in '07. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!