By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another question about the Xbox 360: Wireless Connection

Hey guys! I'm getting an Xbox 360 Elite for Christmas and I'm seriously confused with all the accessories they are selling for the console...! @_@

I already know that I'll have to buy a separate play & charge kit  + another battery (way to go Microsoft, making me spend another 50$+) if I don't want to continually spend money on regular batteries (and good rechargeable ones cost money anyways). Now, I've recently noticed that they are selling a wireless adaptor for the 360...

I currently have a wireless connection in my house so my question is: Will I really have to spend over 120$ on a wireless adaptor simply to connect my Xbox 360 online, or is it like the Nintendo Wii (it's already implemented in the console itself)?

Seriously, I'm starting to get sick of this. I thought I would only have to spend 500$, not over 650$!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

You have to buy it extra.

mM

The 360 isn't wi-fi so you have to buy that adapter. Or if you have a network cable you can connect directly. My 360 is in the living room and I need to buy that adapter myself because the router is in my roommates room. Now that you mentioned it, I think I will go out today and buy it.

Im not 100% sure,but as far as i know you can buy other unofficial wireless adapters for cheaper.

You guys are kidding me right? Now that's simply ridiculous... >_>

My wireless router is upstairs and my living room (where my Xbox 360 will be) downstairs... So a wired connection isn't possible that's for sure!

Oh well, I guess I'll have to sacrifice Call of Duty 4: Collector's Edition, all thanks to Microsoft! ;_;

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Around the Network

The Wireless adapter works fine if you have your router pretty far away on separate floors. I've had my router on the third floor and the 360 on the first and it still worked fine.

One thing to make sure of though-- if you have a Verizon modem with a built in router the 360 wireless adapter will not work until you update the modem. There might be the same issues with other modems too so just keep that in mind if your adapter doesn't find your network.

@shmupgurus

THATS WHY you buy the PS3 as it "ends up" being cheaper....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Forget what i said i just checked,turns out i'm wrong you have to buy the official one

darthdevidem said:
@shmupgurus

THATS WHY you buy the PS3 as it "ends up" being cheaper....

And I'm sure the PS3 is Wi-Fi enabled...! Oh god! @_@

Random game thought :

@SMUPgurus

yup + the controller can be CHARGED with the USB cable IN the PS3's box...

so you wouldn't have to buy a separate play + charge kit either..

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million