By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2010 Hardware Sales

ethomaz said:

For Nintendo and Sony the most important numbers are...

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 04th Apr 2010 to 01st Jan 2011:
Console Wii PS3 PSP DS PS2
Total

Can Nintendo and Sony meet predictions by March 31th?

PS3 15M -  3.9 million to go.

And others? Can someone remebers the predictions numbers.

IIRC the projected Wii shipment is 18 million which means it has 3.11 millions to go.

EDIT: beaten and wrong :(

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

The PS360 both had a magnificent year.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

thismeintiel said:
AWESOM-O said:
thismeintiel said:
AWESOM-O said:

Ill tell ya what xbox 360 made a huge run this year.... They were lagging, but with slim and kinect, they have the control right now

How exactly do they have control?  They were still behind the PS3 (which actually surprises me with the great holiday season they have had), even with the Slim and the Kinect.  And we still have financial reports to come out, which may show PS3 is even more ahead than it is now.  I mean before last quarter's report came out, people thought the PS3 was getting crushed by the 360 Slim and Move had little to no effect on sales.  That turned out to be wrong.  Now, I will admit MS should have better January sales with the recent launch of Kinect, but I still don't see them having control of the HD market.

Kinect is huge..... And they have a good run right now in hollidays.... But ps3 will be back with little big planet 2 and killzone 3..... But the reason im saying control is if you look back to june area, ps3 had around a 3 million console lead for the year on xbox, now its dead even.... Il tell ya one thing though, i really hope move takes off this year, cause i have it with the sports champions, heavy rain and the fight lights out and there really great.... Hopefully killzone will push some of the move stuff.... But if the killzone with move is like mag with move i wont like it.... Sony will have 2011 HD 

Gotcha.  Though, personally I wouldn't call that "control", per se.  But anyway, I think 2011 is going to be a good year for the Move.  Personally, I'm looking forward to Killzone 3 and Scorcery.

Sorcery is looking `really good.... Looks like it will have the zelda feel to it.... Which i will love

ethomaz said:Kenology said: ethomaz said: For Nintendo and Sony the most important numbers are...VGChartz Hardware data for the period 04th Apr 2010 to 01st Jan 2011: ConsoleWiiPS3PSPDSPS2 Total 14,891,007 11,106,074 7,114,063 17,900,965 3,174,123 Can Nintendo and Sony meet predictions by March 31th? PS3 15M -  3.9 million to go. And others? Can someone remebers the predictions numbers. Wii = 17.5M - 2.6 million to go.   Cool. Looks like Nintendo will be over it prediction with Wii and Sony will be match (shipped numbers) with PS3.

After adjustments have taken place I expect WIi to miss out by about 1.5M.  making it rouggly 86.5M - 87M end of march 31st.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

ethomaz said:
Kenology said:
ethomaz said:

For Nintendo and Sony the most important numbers are...

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 04th Apr 2010 to 01st Jan 2011:
Console Wii PS3 PSP DS PS2
Total

Can Nintendo and Sony meet predictions by March 31th?

PS3 15M -  3.9 million to go.

And others? Can someone remebers the predictions numbers.

Wii = 17.5M - 2.6 million to go.

Cool. Looks like Nintendo will be over it prediction with Wii and Sony will be match (shipped numbers) with PS3.

Actually, considering these are sold to customer numbers and Sony are going by shipped numbers, as well as these sold numbers may be off, Sony is looking pretty safe at exceding their prediction by maybe 300K- 500K.  I mean if these are correct numbers, Sony's shipped would be ~13.1 mil (at least last time there was a 2 mil difference), or 1.9 mil to go.  If they pull off a similar number from last year Q4, 2.2  mil, that would put them at 15.3 mil.  I think Sony can pull it off. 

And yea, Wii should definitely excede their prediction by maybe 1 mil.  Well, unless the Wii just drops off or VGC has overtracked it greatly.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:

I'm shocked that PS3 was ahead of 360 after this holiday season. I thought Kinect bundles would push it slightly above PS3, even with the PS3 lead earlier in the year. Wii still going strong and PS2 still somehow managing 4 million in its 10th year is extraordinary.

Good stuff.

I think 360 was getting ass ploughed before Slim release and then had a few months breath until september ish time when it started to get ploughed again, but the holidays turned the tables around completely, so it is surprising how much the gap has been closed for the year, but yeah, too early to comment without the official numbers.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Squilliam said:

The crazy thing is the Xbox 360 increasing its sales from

X360 10,232,216  

To

4 X360 8.69 0.21 5.38 14.28

So thats close on a 40% increase and beating the peak year in 2008 by a similar margin.

Overall the sales of the consoles this year has to make you wonder when the systems will actually hit the wall in terms of market saturation and finally show some real YOY declines. Could 2011 be that year?

What's amazing about those numbers isn't that is sold over 4 million more in sales then the previous year,  but that it did it during the worse economy in American history since the great depression. Imagine what it will do once the economy recovers in America.

MightyGrogg said:
Squilliam said:

X360 10,232,216  

To

So thats close on a 40% increase and beating the peak year in 2008 by a similar margin.

Overall the sales of the consoles this year has to make you wonder when the systems will actually hit the wall in terms of market saturation and finally show some real YOY declines. Could 2011 be that year?

What's amazing about those numbers isn't that is sold over 4 million more in sales then the previous year,  but that it did it during the worse economy in American history since the great depression. Imagine what it will do once the economy recovers in America.

Well we've just found out why no price cut for 2010, they ran close to being completely out of consoles. I don't think the recovery would be worth more than 5% of the overall YTD sales, analysts obsessed over the recession because they deal in percentage changes which are usually between -20% and 20% increase or decrease so that would make up a large proportion of any change, but not against the overall sales numbers.

Anyway next year they'll probably cut the price though it depends on their priorities. That and Kinect throughout the year ought to see them to a pretty strong year and their finish ought to remain strong against the previous quarters sales as well.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
MightyGrogg said:
Squilliam said:

X360 10,232,216  

To

Well we've just found out why no price cut for 2010, they ran close to being completely out of consoles. I don't think the recovery would be worth more than 5% of the overall YTD sales, analysts obsessed over the recession because they deal in percentage changes which are usually between -20% and 20% increase or decrease so that would make up a large proportion of any change, but not against the overall sales numbers.

Anyway next year they'll probably cut the price though it depends on their priorities. That and Kinect throughout the year ought to see them to a pretty strong year and their finish ought to remain strong against the previous quarters sales as well.

The only problem with the recession is that it's not going to get better instantly, so we will never see a huge jump in sales as if 2.5 million Amerixan all of a sudden got their jobs back. It'll be gradual. Microsoft started running out of Kinects just after the holidays ended. They were restocking shelves every week all the way up to X-Mas day. So there are probably some shortages in varies areas of the country. There's no doubt Microsoft will do another price cut this year, especially if Sony does.

'gaming till I'm gone'