By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo President Talks XBOX Kinect& PlayStation Move

http://www.gearlog.com/2011/01/nintendo_president_talks_kinec.php

Earlier today, we had the chance to get some hands-on time with Nintendo's eagerly-awaited 3DS glasses-free portable gaming system. We also had the opportunity to chat up Nintendo of America President, Reggie Fils-Aime. 

During our discussion, the executive spoke candidly about the Kinect for Xbox 360 and the Sony PlayStation Move, two gaming peripherals that took a page out of the Nintendo play book, following the runaway success of the Wii's motion controllers.

Fils-Aime echoed that familiar Nintendo sentiment, "it's all about the games." He added that it's hard for him to pick a clear winner between the two devices. "That's tough to say. I think each does particular games uniquely well."

The Kinect does have a bit of a leg up, however, in his opinion. "I think Dance Central is, by far, the best Kinect game," Fils-Aime explained. "For Move, I think it would be hard for me to identify 'what is their best content.' I think it's all about the same."

There is a video of the interview but I couldn't get it to embed. 

Reggie doesn't seem nervous at all. 

I guess Nintendo isn't worried about its motion control competition

Around the Network
dp

No variety in Move games confirmed?:/

Mordred11 said:

Not according Reggie

Hold it. He talks about Move and Kinect without downplaying them!? Oh Reggie...

*disappointed*

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

*disappointed*

He does slightly downplay MOVE by saying the software is "all the same"

Other than that...no fireworks

Stop being like that, Reggie, ;(. You're gonna make Nintendo a boring company if you do.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Mordred11 said:

I think he meant he can't say for sure which move game is the best. Not a bad one, I think... Considering Wii and Move are identical in application, it'd be the same as bashing his own system, if he thought of it negatively.

PizzaFaceGamer said:
forest-spirit said:

*disappointed*

He does slightly downplay MOVE by saying the software is "all the same"

Other than that...no fireworks

Apparently he hasn't looked at most of the Wiis library.

Wii has way too much shovelware for him to say that move games are all the same, although it is true that Move game as of now don't have much variety, same for Kinect. Even though the wii has some really awesome and unique games, they sadly end up selling like crap (NMH, Red Steel 2, Mad World, etc.) For gamers, I really hope that the 3 come out with their own variety of awesome games that define each one and to avoid that generic crapfest.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian