By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Democratic congresswoman shot in Arizona.

koffieboon said:

Such a horrible act, my thoughts go out to the victims and their family and friends.

On a related note, will this incident finally lead to stricter gun laws in the US?

Why would it? The guy was taken down by a concealed carry holder.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Well, at least in the US some of the libertarian types sound sane. Here they are mostly wacko brainwashed psychopaths.

Libertarianism had its shot in the 19th century, and it failed miserably. It's a terrible and destructive ideology.

In what way did it fail miserably, and how is it terrible and destructive?

badgenome said:
ManusJustus said:
badgenome said:

Piss weak, as neither you nor anyone else has presented as single shred of evidence that Jared Loughner was in any way, shape, or form associated with or inspired by the tea party.

Read his online postings.  He was concerned with "illiterante voters not being able to read the Constitiion and politicians passing treasonous laws."  Thats the Tea Party line right there.

Why don't you do America a favor and move to the Middle East and live with your conservative kind?

Oh my fucking Christ.

I'm sure heruamon appreciates your attempt to make his posts look well thought out.

That's Manus... is proven without a shadow of a doubt wrong then clings on to one very specific line without paying any attention to any of the context.

He's about 2 posts away from calling you ignorant, unable to change your thought and leaving the thread thinking it will let him perserve some dignity.  (or even worse, somehow think he's right even though the entire burden of proof is against him.)

Probably while mentioning he's a republican.

A republican who is liberal economics wise, in foreign policy and social matters.

Reminds me of my Democratic friend who's homophobic, kind of religiously intolerant and thinks WW3 is brewing with the Middle East...

*walks into thread* 

I'll just leave these here...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/jared-loughners-behavior-recor.html?hpid=topnews

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=249273

*walks away slowly*

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

The "second man!" by the way was his Cab Driver.

Who followed him because the dude didn't pay his Cab fare...

and I mean, what the fuck.  It's not like he was going to be using that money.

If anything i'd think assassains would give HUGE tips on their last day of freedom.

Around the Network
dsister said:

*walks into thread* 

I'll just leave these here...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/jared-loughners-behavior-recor.html?hpid=topnews

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=249273

*walks away slowly*

Yeah, even the BBC has had some seriously shitty reporting on the matter.

It's stuff like this that makes me downgrade all media as a whole.

Thank god we live in an era where people can directly interact with stories, thanks to things like crazy people putting up youtube videos about what they believe and friends and family of the crazy guy.

mrstickball said:
koffieboon said:

Such a horrible act, my thoughts go out to the victims and their family and friends.

On a related note, will this incident finally lead to stricter gun laws in the US?

Because the killer possibly wouldn't have had a gun to begin with, so preventing the whole thing from happening?

koffieboon said:
mrstickball said:
koffieboon said:

Because the killer possibly wouldn't have had a gun to begin with, so preventing the whole thing from happening?

Your kidding right?  You can't stop planned assassains from getting guns.  ANYONE who wants a gun can get one... anywhere in any country.  Outside of like... Jail.

Kasz216 said:
badgenome said:
ManusJustus said:
badgenome said:

Piss weak, as neither you nor anyone else has presented as single shred of evidence that Jared Loughner was in any way, shape, or form associated with or inspired by the tea party.

Read his online postings.  He was concerned with "illiterante voters not being able to read the Constitiion and politicians passing treasonous laws."  Thats the Tea Party line right there.

Why don't you do America a favor and move to the Middle East and live with your conservative kind?

Oh my fucking Christ.

I'm sure heruamon appreciates your attempt to make his posts look well thought out.

That's Manus... is proven without a shadow of a doubt wrong then clings on to one very specific line without paying any attention to any of the context.

He's about 2 posts away from calling you ignorant, unable to change your thought and leaving the thread thinking it will let him perserve some dignity.  (or even worse, somehow think he's right even though the entire burden of proof is against him.)

Probably while mentioning he's a republican.

A republican who is liberal economics wise, in foreign policy and social matters.

Reminds me of my Democratic friend who's homophobic, kind of religiously intolerant and thinks WW3 is brewing with the Middle East...

He had ties to a conservative anti immigration group, American Renaissance

axt113 said:

He had ties to a conservative anti immigration group, American Renaissance

"possibly linked"=/= ties ;_;

It wasn't even said by DHS the statement was made by local law enforcement.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D