By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on the quality and sales of Wii multiplat games.

"My question is: what would this look like if more games designed around the Wii went multiplat? "

I think this gen one or the other direction just doesn't make sense. The Wii is too underpowered to deliver the cinematic realistic looks that are expected from 360/PS3 games. The Wii controller scheme cannot be replicated on PS3/360. We will have a divided world this gen.

Around the Network

Both Tiger Woods (even WiiSports has better controls) and Lego Star Wars have tacked on control schemes, not well-thought-of; they just suit the platform.

This is what happens when there's a huge leap between system capabilities.
It'll get worse than it is now, there's never been this much of a difference to program for all platforms in one gen.
This is probably why quite a few 3rd party multiplat developers will steer away from the Wii eventually.
Which isn't a bad thing tbh, the Wii ports are crap anyways, so there's no loss!

routsounmanman said:
Both Tiger Woods (even WiiSports has better controls) and Lego Star Wars have tacked on control schemes, not well-thought-of; they just suit the platform.

I didn't enjoy Tiger Woods 08 Wii greatly but I still thought it was the best consoles golf game I have ever played.  It is still not on the level of Golden Tee 08 at the arcade or anything, though.  Hopefully We Love Golf will be even better.  Lego Star Wars Wii is again, the best controlling Lego Star Wars ever.  Similarly, Madden and Guitar Hero III have the best controlls on the Wii.  Often times, it makes these the most fun version of the game, like Guitar Hero III.  The PS3 and Xbox 360 are at a big disadvantage when it comes to a lot of multiplatform games becauses if the controls are great on Wii it takes a lot of graphical advancements to beat out the Wii on fun factor.  

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Well if you look at most of the Multiplat games it seems like they do not put time into the Wii game version. If look at nba live the Wii version sucks balls, but all the other ones are great basketball game!!! GHIII sucks balls since they could not get the speaker crap to work. So yeah they think if they make crappy Wii version, that Nintendo fans/people will buy the game. Then they get mad and do not make any more games for a while. If they would make a decent games like re4, then we would buy it. So yeah Nintendo fans are not stupid!!!

Around the Network

You could play super mario galaxy on any system as long as the system controller has 2 buttons:

- Right directional button
- A button for jumping

because thats all mario does is run to the right and jump!