By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Major retailer doing a "upgrade to a PS3 / 360 by trading in your Wii"

bmmb1 said:
KBG29 said:

Wish more retailers gave this incentive. I think it would be good for the industry and really help 3rd parties. I know this sounds cliche, but many people I know have Wii's they never use, and they have HDTV's without any HD content. It could spark more then just the games industry. Once these people hook up an HD device to the "peace of shit HDTV that looks worse than there old TV" they may just start watching a lot of movies as well.

That's funny, because I actually wish retailers would get rid of the all these PS3s and 360s. I think it would be good for the industry and really help 3rd parties. I know this sounds cliche, but many people i know couldn't care less about HD graphics and just bought their HD TVs because they look better in their living room. Without PS3s and 360s, game development budgets would get back to more sane levels and many more 3rd parties would be in the black again.

Disclaimer - this statement is as logical as the one I quoted.

...They do have the choice to make games for the wii rather than the HD consoles. If the HD consoles disappeared the quality of wii games would drop damaticaly. Same this would happen if the wii and 360 left. PS3 games would be considerably worse. Sales wise it would apear that around 50% of console owners do care about HD ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

Pretty nice from them to give such a deal. If I did not already own both HD-consoles, I would definitely trade in my wii.

Chibi.V.29 said:
bmmb1 said:
KBG29 said:

Wish more retailers gave this incentive. I think it would be good for the industry and really help 3rd parties. I know this sounds cliche, but many people I know have Wii's they never use, and they have HDTV's without any HD content. It could spark more then just the games industry. Once these people hook up an HD device to the "peace of shit HDTV that looks worse than there old TV" they may just start watching a lot of movies as well.

That's funny, because I actually wish retailers would get rid of the all these PS3s and 360s. I think it would be good for the industry and really help 3rd parties. I know this sounds cliche, but many people i know couldn't care less about HD graphics and just bought their HD TVs because they look better in their living room. Without PS3s and 360s, game development budgets would get back to more sane levels and many more 3rd parties would be in the black again.

...They do have the choice to make games for the wii rather than the HD consoles. If the HD consoles disappeared the quality of wii games would drop damaticaly. Same this would happen if the wii and 360 left. PS3 games would be considerably worse. Sales wise it would apear that around 50% of console owners do care about HD ^^

Though I don't agree with some of your points, you make one big mistake, and that is that you are actually trying to respond with logic to my statement... .

My statement was not made to withstand logic, it was just a response to what I quoted - it is at least as logical that doing away with the PS360 would help the industry and 3rd parties as doing away with the Wii... (meaning it is not logical at all).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
bmmb1 said:
KBG29 said:

Though I don't agree with some of your points, you make one big mistake, and that is that you are actually trying to respond with logic to my statement... . My statement was not made to withstand logic, it was just a response to what I quoted.

ah ok ^^ i thought u meant it literally O.o xD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

bmmb1 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
bmmb1 said:
KBG29 said:

Though I don't agree with some of your points, you make one big mistake, and that is that you are actually trying to respond with logic to my statement... .

My statement was not made to withstand logic, it was just a response to what I quoted - it is at least as logical that doing away with the PS360 would help the industry and 3rd parties as doing away with the Wii... (meaning it is not logical at all).

I think his statement did hold logic in that encouraging people who don't use their Wii anymore (Which is what he specified) to buy a new console and thus become 'active' video game consumers again would be of benefit. Further benefits would come with perhaps using their HD TV's for HD content which could lead to potential film sales etc.

Somewhere you thought he wanted all Wii in the world to go away or something but that was never what he implied - also bare in mind those used Wii's might then go into homes where the users actively buy software.

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

the word upgrade is used to fool them in trading in their Wii

It *IS* an upgrade.  They're offering people who made the mistake of buying a console made for children the option of buying a grown up console that does a ton more while still offering tons of content for children.

Other than a few rehashed a million billion times kiddy games, Nintendo doesn't actually offer much for adults.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Psyberius said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

It *IS* an upgrade.  They're offering people who made the mistake of buying a console made for children the option of buying a grown up console that does a ton more while still offering tons of content for children.

Other than a few rehashed a million billion times kiddy games, Nintendo doesn't actually offer much for adults.

sigh...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Psyberius said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

sigh...

OT:

This isn't the first time I see something like this. Some weeks before christmas Gamespot (in Sweden atleast) had a deal in which you could trade in your Wii and buy a 360 plus Kinect for a lower price. They even advertised it...

Linkasf said:

I would then ask the retailers "Can I play Super Smash Bros. on the PS3?"   Because if i could, I would get one just for it.

will how ridiculously cracked the ps3 is right now...you're probably only a month or two away from being able to play SSBB on a ps3...

Too bad its not here in the US, I'd  go out and buy a used Wii on craigslist for real cheap and trade that in for a 360, since Im NOT getting rid of my Wii =)

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com