By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo PR for 2010 sales

thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
fallen said:

vgc seems to constantly overtrack wii. seems a little bias...

Actually yesterday I checked with TheSource to see if the Wii was over-tracked because people kept telling me it was and he said that the Wii Isn't over-tracked...

People(you too) think that the Wii is over-tracked because it says 34-35 Million...but that is for the United States alone. VGC tracks all of America...the other 4-5 Million is from Canada, Mexico, and Latin America.

Please stop saying it is over-tracked.

Actually I think people are being pretty subdued about this.  Think they are hearing just what the NPD numbers turn out to be before wondering if VGC estimates may be wrong. By the way if US is 34-35 and 4-5 more is Canada, Mexico and Latin America then VGC will be over-tracked by anywhere from 500K to 2.5M since VGC will be at 40.5M when the final week of 2010 is reported in the next few days.

I am just going by what he says...he made the site and numbers and said it isn't over-tracked meaningfully...meaning it is probably lass than 100K over-tracked if at all.

Also, the 4-5 Million was my mistaking...those were my numbers to make it add up...I was wrong Lol...

The other numbers must be more than 4-5 Million...he didn't say.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
fallen said:

Actually yesterday I checked with TheSource to see if the Wii was over-tracked because people kept telling me it was and he said that the Wii Isn't over-tracked...

People(you too) think that the Wii is over-tracked because it says 34-35 Million...but that is for the United States alone. VGC tracks all of America...the other 4-5 Million is from Canada, Mexico, and Latin America.

Actually I think people are being pretty subdued about this.  Think they are hearing just what the NPD numbers turn out to be before wondering if VGC estimates may be wrong. By the way if US is 34-35 and 4-5 more is Canada, Mexico and Latin America then VGC will be over-tracked by anywhere from 500K to 2.5M since VGC will be at 40.5M when the final week of 2010 is reported in the next few days.

I am just going by what he says...he made the site and numbers and said it isn't over-tracked meaningfully...meaning it is probably lass than 100K over-tracked if at all.

Also, the 4-5 Million was my mistaking...those were my numbers to make it add up...I was wrong Lol...

Like I said the real discussion will come once the NPD numbers leak.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
fallen said:

I never understood it so please explain...who says NPD is right?

Just asking as I never knew why we always go by them.

*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:

I never understood it so please explain...who says NPD is right?

Just asking as I never knew why we always go by them.

Well I still believe they are more accurate because.

• They have more experience
  • They have more data
  • They have more relationships
  • They are less biased

This isnt a slam against VGC. VGC is getting better and better data and more experience, but I do not believe at this time that VGC is as accurate.

So also dug up a little past data. In 2008 when Wii sold 11,436,314 consoles in the Americas according to VGC. In Canada NPD reported that of the 1.9 million consoles sold in Canada 44.1% (838K) were Wii sales.  So that means that for in Americas in 2008 7.5% of the Wii sales came from Canada.  So if the ratio holds up in 2010 7.5% of the aproximately 9.7M (last week estimated at 500K) sold in Canada is 727K.  That leaves about 9M between US and the rest of the the Americas.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
fallen said:

Hence, the problem I those with said leaks.  If NPD is officially stating numbers and they are the actual source then I have no problems with those numbers.  Except we have leaks from NeoGaf forums which is as reliable as the daily tabloid inquirer.  Even, those GT trailers scream fraud IMHO; so in matter of speaking I'll continue to trust VGC numbers since they've been reliable to a degree in the past.  Otherwise, why are some of you ppl even here?

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
fallen said:

It's easy for Nintendo haters to say Wii software and hardware are overtracked.  Especially, when the same ppl have been declaring it's doom since it got release.  Have they even thought/argued how some PS3 or X360 numbers are overtracked as well? NO, since Wii software and hardware overtracked is the "NEW" : "dust my Wii", "Nintendo is for kidz", and "3rd party titles don't sell on Wii" blah, blah...blah that haters have been using for years.

oni-link said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
fallen said:

It's easy for Nintendo haters to say Wii software and hardware are overtracked.  Especially, when the same ppl have been declaring it's doom since it got release.  Have they even thought how some PS3 or X360 numbers are overtrac

Nope...PS3 and 360 are always correct or under-tracked to them.