By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Stop Smoking - thats srsz business 0o

HappySqurriel said:
Porcupine_I said:

and these people riding their bikes in the middle of the road, they are in danger of getting run over by a truck, but that is not relevant either to the case at hand. did you even look at my link?

Yes, but do you think that the lungs on display there are more typical smokers (smoking about 1/2 a pack a day for a decade) or an extreme case (2 to 3 packs a day until the day they died)? If you think it is a typical smoker, I've got ocean front property in Montana to sell you ...

i'm somewhat lost as to what you arguing about now.

it's ok to smoke in the city? lungs will be lungs? i am not sure what you are saying, or if you simply justifying stuff you want to believe to make yourself feel better about smoking.

but the real question is how is this all helping the OP who asked to support him to quit?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
HappySqurriel said:
Porcupine_I said:

and these people riding their bikes in the middle of the road, they are in danger of getting run over by a truck, but that is not relevant either to the case at hand. did you even look at my link?

Yes, but do you think that the lungs on display there are more typical smokers (smoking about 1/2 a pack a day for a decade) or an extreme case (2 to 3 packs a day until the day they died)? If you think it is a typical smoker, I've got ocean front property in Montana to sell you ...

it's ok to smoke in the city? lungs will be lungs? i am not sure what you are saying, or if you simply justifying stuff you want to believe to make yourself feel better about smoking.

but the real question is how is this all helping the OP who asked to support him to quit?

The point was that a pathologist could not tell if someone was a smoker (one would assume he would mean a typical smoker) from looking at the exterior of the lungs; and it is highly misleading to suggest that the typical smoker's lungs would look like the lungs of someone who smoked an extreme amount. The point was entirely that the anti-smoking campaigns were manipulative, not that smoking was a good thing to do ...

HappySqurriel said:
Porcupine_I said:
HappySqurriel said:
Porcupine_I said:

The point was that a pathologist could not tell if someone was a smoker (one would assume he would mean a typical smoker) from looking at the exterior of the lungs; and it is highly misleading to suggest that the typical smoker's lungs would look like the lungs of someone who smoked an extreme amount. The point was entirely that the anti-smoking campaigns were manipulative, not that smoking was a good thing to do ...

Well of course they are manipulative, think of it, they're lobbyists trying to get people to stop smoking.  Can you please provide me an example of a lobbyist/politician that isn't manipulative?

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.