By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who are EA kidding with Mass Effect 2 PS3.

The fact is most people in the UK buy games on release for £39.99 without considering the fact that all games are half that price within 2 months, and normally less then a month. So I'm sure there are enough stupid people out there to buy ME2 at full price on launch day as oppose to wait 3 weeks for the £17.99 price-point.

Around the Network
ocean-1984 said:
AussieGecko said:
d21lewis said:

Mass Effect 2  (PS3) will sell a million between now and the time that Mass Effect 3 releases.  It will sell this at full price.  I have spoken.

unfortunately I don't think you will be right d21lewis, I think around 500k-700k will be more accurate at full price, depending on how much they sell first week

I hope it will fail to sell.

That would teach them a lesson to not make time exclusives.

Time exclusives is the most stupid idea in gaming IMO.

Yeah I doubt this game was originally intented to be time exclusive I think EA finally realised a way to make 2 and 3 multi plat without involving number one. They clearly didnt want to call it mass effect sigma *cough* god damn technicalities *cough*

EDIT!!! - I am guessing that is Killzone 3 in your signature... that looks freaking cool!!! Killzone 2 is kinda boring, the best thing about Turning point is the whole customise close killing thing, I can see this being the same thing

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

jarrod said:

KylieDog said:

This is a year late, why isn't this a budget price release like Bioshock and various other late ports?  Don't anyone try and answer the interactive comic or whatever for ME1 is worth the £35.

Actually, in the US Bioshock PS3 was full price iirc.  So were Oblivion, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Ridge Racer 7 and most other late PS3 ports... to be honest, I can't remember a single "year later" 360 to PS3 port that launched at a budget price here?

Yeah OP, a lot of those titles were the same price. You guys gota pay the premium for getting the console exclusive later. It's also the GOTY by pretty much every site unless they chose RDR, and I believe you get most if not all the DLC along with the ME3 engine. Deal with it.

It's just that simple.

day one purchase,I loved the demo. I should actually be praising EA for bringing this to the PS3,it does'nt matter about full price to me,If I want it bad enough,then I'm buying it no matter what. If you have a 360,then you have nothing to worry about. 

MonstaMack said:
jarrod said:

KylieDog said:

This is a year late, why isn't this a budget price release like Bioshock and various other late ports?  Don't anyone try and answer the interactive comic or whatever for ME1 is worth the £35.

Actually, in the US Bioshock PS3 was full price iirc.  So were Oblivion, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Ridge Racer 7 and most other late PS3 ports... to be honest, I can't remember a single "year later" 360 to PS3 port that launched at a budget price here?

Yeah OP, a lot of those titles were the same price. You guys gota pay the premium for getting the console exclusive later. It's also the GOTY by pretty much every site unless they chose RDR, and I believe you get most if not all the DLC along with the ME3 engine. Deal with it.

/end thread

Around the Network
ocean-1984 said:
AussieGecko said:
d21lewis said:

Mass Effect 2  (PS3) will sell a million between now and the time that Mass Effect 3 releases.  It will sell this at full price.  I have spoken.

unfortunately I don't think you will be right d21lewis, I think around 500k-700k will be more accurate at full price, depending on how much they sell first week

I hope it will fail to sell.

That would teach them a lesson to not make time exclusives.

Time exclusives is the most stupid idea in gaming IMO.

I'd argue the opposite.  EA didn't make it exclusive, Bioware did.  If it sells well the message actually send to developers is don't be exclusive.  Good sales would validate EA's decision to make the title multiplatform.

I felt similar in some ways when Bioshock released, and in the case where it's timed and it's the same publisher I can understand the temptation to want to punish their decision.  But ME2 is different.  This is a different publisher who bought the IP and original developer and is bringing it multi-platform as quickly as they could.  I think in this case we should think about rewarding the move rather than punishing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

ummm, DLC included? you also stole my avatar icon! but at least that means we both agree on the pic of Jill being hot I guess.

Degausser said:

The fact is most people in the UK buy games on release for £39.99 without considering the fact that all games are half that price within 2 months, and normally less then a month. So I'm sure there are enough stupid people out there to buy ME2 at full price on launch day as oppose to wait 3 weeks for the £17.99 price-point.

Yeah I have seen some desperates even buying Kane&Lynch 2 for full price when it had crap and bargain bin written all over it :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Degausser said:

Yeah I have seen some desperates even buying Kane&Lynch 2 for full price when it had crap and bargain bin written all over it :)

Yeah I saw a limited edition for £10 after two weeks at GAMESTATION, the store where oblivious mums get ripped to shreds with insanely high prices.

It's £40 on Amazon.co.uk, I really don't see how it'll be worth the additional £35, we'll see whether the port is successful or not pretty soon then, because it's not even lighting the top 30 in America pre order charts.. Which is a bit alarming.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

PS3 zealots are only happy about this not being exclusive to the 360 anymore, not happy to be able to play the game.  I was thinking this would do well as its a great game but the more I read from those types on this site I think the game won't sell well at all.  A wasted effort released to an ungrateful fanbase.

For the record, as a 360 only owner I would STILL pay full price for MGS4 if it came over.  And, from what I've heard, its surely no ME2.