By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 25th December Up!

Conegamer said:

It's really quite weird. I expect it to reach 500k in the region though, and pass 2mil WW

Also weird is how it's sold out pretty much everywhere I've been to in the UK.

I think we may see a change come Fiscal report...

(note: How do you find these numbers? I had a look on the chart and it only goes down to 200th plaace...)

You can sort out games made by a specific company and/or released for a specific platform. That way you can find numbers for domed titles like Other M.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Conegamer said:

It's really quite weird. I expect it to reach 500k in the region though, and pass 2mil WW

(note: How do you find these numbers? I had a look on the chart and it only goes down to 200th plaace...)

You can sort out games made by a specific company and/or released for a specific platform. That way you can find numbers for doomed titles like Other M.

DOOMED THEY SAY! I'LL SHOW THEM DOOMED!

How can it be doomed when it has outsold around 90% of all other games on the market at this current time?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

wow great sales gt5

Conegamer said:
forest-spirit said:
Conegamer said:

You can sort out games made by a specific company and/or released for a specific platform. That way you can find numbers for doomed titles like Other M.

How can it be doomed when it has outsold around 90% of all other games on the market at this current time?

Well, that's the point. Everything is doomed.

forest-spirit said:
Conegamer said:
forest-spirit said:
Conegamer said:

Well, that's the point. Everything is doomed.

True. If the fastest selling console of al time is doomed then what hope does anything else have???

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
extagénesis said:

Forza is a really good game! Is the more realistic racing game in every caracteritic but grafics... The fisics in the gameplay is fenomenal... I think there's never was money enough behind his marketing like GT5 has. Xbox 360 still ground up every week; the only one who does that. I just not getted the bad sales of Reach in EMMA :(

Forza is not realistic... the tracks are out of real proportions... the phisics are more Arcade than Sim... and gameplay lacks a lot of sim features.

But I agree it is a really good game... just not so good for sim racers.

Ok i think most of us listen to your GT5 lovefest for sometime now and we let it go but i think enough is enough now. Especially when you talk about the rubbish you have above.

Your talking about sims and putting Forza down by implying it isn't a sim. In this instance "the physics are more arcade". Are you for real? You do realise in GT5 as with all previous GT games you can use the cars in front of you to slow down from 150mph to 40mph so you can take the corner without having to brake by simply ploughing into them? That isn't very "sim" like you know because if you do that you will be dead...Add to that even if you do that your car will be fine and will continue to run at full capacity. Yeah really "sim" physics there...

The same goes with the AI which is obviously never going to be as good as human beings. But at least in Forza the AI adapts to your racing style, it won't follow a set magical line and stay on it like it is on rails, that is more like a train then racing.

So please for the love of god stop saying Forza isn't a sim racing game while implying GT5 is...

Lucas-Rio said:

Wii and DS still dominating.

Nintendo really owns December. They are unbeatable with these machines. Another 1,5 millions week for these consoles.

Nintendo will have sold around 6 millions DS in December while everybody know that its successor is coming in 2 or 3 months. Incredible.

People won't be buying those for a WHILE...$3 hundy for a handheld?  Unless it toasts and butters my bread, I won't be touching it until its $200.  You can get a decent mini-laptop for that price FFS.

Psyberius said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Nintendo really owns December. They are unbeatable with these machines. Another 1,5 millions week for these consoles.

Nintendo will have sold around 6 millions DS in December while everybody know that its successor is coming in 2 or 3 months. Incredible.

People won't be buying those for a WHILE...$3 hundy for a handheld?  Unless it toasts and butters my bread, I won't be touching it until its $200.  You can get a decent mini-laptop for that price FFS.

Can I borrow your physic powers? Because there has been no price announced yet, so I'd take this power of yours to a higher authority

Hyruken said:
ethomaz said:
extagénesis said:

Forza is a really good game! Is the more realistic racing game in every caracteritic but grafics... The fisics in the gameplay is fenomenal... I think there's never was money enough behind his marketing like GT5 has. Xbox 360 still ground up every week; the only one who does that. I just not getted the bad sales of Reach in EMMA :(

Forza is not realistic... the tracks are out of real proportions... the phisics are more Arcade than Sim... and gameplay lacks a lot of sim features.

But I agree it is a really good game... just not so good for sim racers.

Ok i think most of us listen to your GT5 lovefest for sometime now and we let it go but i think enough is enough now. Especially when you talk about the rubbish you have above.

Your talking about sims and putting Forza down by implying it isn't a sim. In this instance "the physics are more arcade". Are you for real? You do realise in GT5 as with all previous GT games you can use the cars in front of you to slow down from 150mph to 40mph so you can take the corner without having to brake by simply ploughing into them? That isn't very "sim" like you know because if you do that you will be dead...Add to that even if you do that your car will be fine and will continue to run at full capacity. Yeah really "sim" physics there...

The same goes with the AI which is obviously never going to be as good as human beings. But at least in Forza the AI adapts to your racing style, it won't follow a set magical line and stay on it like it is on rails, that is more like a train then racing.

So please for the love of god stop saying Forza isn't a sim racing game while implying GT5 is...

Aren't you taking this a little bit personal? Forza 3 just isn't as good a simulator as GT5 is, most, if not all, of the major reviewers said that, even the ones who gave Forza 3 the higher score overall. There's nothing wrong with Forza 3 as a racer, but you're reaching if you call it a simulator.

Conegamer said:
Psyberius said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Can I borrow your physic powers? Because there has been no price announced yet, so I'd take this power of yours to a higher authority

So you believe him and agree then.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.