By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally going to try and platinum a game

patapon speaks the truth >.>

Around the Network

Just get the Sly Cooper collection and beat the first one, under 10 hours for all the trophoes.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
d21lewis said:

Be careful with that.  I heard that once you Platinum a game, everything else in life starts to feel insignificant.  The only thing that will give you a feeling of pleasure is getting more and more Platinums.  I hope you know what your doing.

So sad, but so true. I platinumed Uncharted 2, FF13, and Tekken 6. I don't care for big titles anymore. lmao

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Xbbjf9s said:
THATGUY said:

once i get a platinum on a game, i cant stand the game anymore because i played it to death. So beware.

You are not alone, just the thought of playing force unleashed 2 makes me sick.

Guess what the thought of playing Force Unleashed 2 all the way through makes me sick too and I've yet to beat it lol

I really wish Krome didn't close down *depression* Red Fly screwed up the Wii version and the original team made a better combat system for the HD version but made everything else much much worse

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
THATGUY said:

once i get a platinum on a game, i cant stand the game anymore because i played it to death. So beware.

You are not alone, just the thought of playing force unleashed 2 makes me sick.

Guess what the thought of playing Force Unleashed 2 all the way through makes me sick too and I've yet to beat it lol

I really wish Krome didn't close down *depression* Red Fly screwed up the Wii version and the original team made a better combat system for the HD version but made everything else much much worse

lol, I like how you mix up the sabers sadly the only real useful ones are the protection (pink) sabers.

Around the Network
PureDante said:
d21lewis said:

Be careful with that.  I heard that once you Platinum a game, everything else in life starts to feel insignificant.  The only thing that will give you a feeling of pleasure is getting more and more Platinums.  I hope you know what your doing.

So sad, but so true. I platinumed Uncharted 2, FF13, and Tekken 6. I don't care for big titles anymore. lmao

You sir are a champion because I refuse to do the treasure hunter trophy lol. I tend to stay away from trophies that take an obscene amount of time to get.

Wagram said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

God of War 3 was the easiest Platinum for me. A sign? Maybe it's time for you to buy the game Max :P

Not many people believe me but GoW3 is a super easy Platinum. I think I got it in a little over 10 hours or so.

God of War I/II are even easier.

I played through the first about a week ago, and finished it with only three trophies left.  I probably could've gotten all the trophies except completing the Challenge of the Gods on the first run had I played it on easy.  The only problematic one is beating the game in under 5 hours, and I just happened to miss the sex minigame trophy through sheer stupidity (forgot to press circle!).

I had all the rest.

Xbbjf9s said:
PureDante said:
d21lewis said:

You sir are a champion because I refuse to do the treasure hunter trophy lol. I tend to stay away from trophies that take an obscene amount of time to get.

Which is why I stay away from going for trophies in Red Dead, it's one thing to make a trophy like the Treasure Hunter when the content to get there is fun to do, it's like if they made a Monster Hunter on PS3 and you had to get the best set of armor and that was the hardest trophy to get, yeah it takes a long time but the journey is fun, I don't care to fight a guy in every Saloon like in Red Dead, A I don't know where every saloon is, B it takes forever to go anywhere in the game, and on top of this there are even more time consuming ones.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

One thing that was hard about the GoW3 platinum though was the final boss on the highest difficulty. I died MANY times on that.

I dont know about these guys but my only plat is Uncharted 2 and thats because I love the game so damn much!!! I have no desire to get plats for the hell of it dont have the time for it. right now im working on MOH frontline HD plat because that is one of my fav FPSs. 

and to the guy that Plated FF13, good lord, I dont even wanna FINISH that game its so boring but you plated??? bravo sir