By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State which developer/s should Sony acquire next

you guys know that MistWalker wont ever be bought by Sony. They were originally financially backed by MS. If anybody will buy them its MS, but I believe they will be independent imo

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:

Mistwalker, having Hironobu Sakaguchi on board will be a great thing. 

Monolith Soft, having Tetsuya Takahashi on board will be greater.

Monolith is owned by Nintendo.

I agree about Mistwalker, though. I don't think he likes Sony all that much though (unless it was just Ken Kuturagi who was the problem).

Square and Enix should split up, with Sony buying Square and Nintendo buying Enix.

OT: Sucker Punch would be a great addition.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

AussieGecko said:

you guys know that MistWalker wont ever be bought by Sony. They were originally financially backed by MS. If anybody will buy them its MS, but I believe they will be independent imo

That means nothing. It was just an agreement that in return in financial backing, Mistwalker would develop three Xbox 360 exclusives, which were Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Cry On (which was cancelled). Obviously, something went wrong if the third game never came to fruition.

It's not like Bungie.

same thread again

huaxiong90 said:
AussieGecko said:

That means nothing. It was just an agreement that in return in financial backing, Mistwalker would develop three Xbox 360 exclusives, which were Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Cry On (which was cancelled). Obviously, something went wrong if the third game never came to fruition.

It's not like Bungie.

There still needs to be a 3rd but none the less. Have you noticed they are yet to do a ps3 game exclusive or otherwise. Sony will have to do a bit to woo them.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
huaxiong90 said:
AussieGecko said:

It's not like Bungie.

There still needs to be a 3rd but none the less. Have you noticed they are yet to do a ps3 game exclusive or otherwise. Sony will have to do a bit to woo them.

The third game was meant to be Cry On, and it was cancelled.

As for why they haven't done a Sony exclusive: Back in 2007 he stated the PS3's architecture is too difficult to develop for, and he dislikes Ken Kuturagi. Ken is no more, and a collab between Sony and Mistwalker would fix the first problem.

I'm not saying there WILL be a Sony game from them, but I was just pointing out how your reasoning is faulty.

huaxiong90 said:
AussieGecko said:
huaxiong90 said:
AussieGecko said:

It's not like Bungie.

As for why they haven't done a Sony exclusive: Back in 2007 he stated the PS3's architecture is too difficult to develop for, and he dislikes Ken Kuturagi. Ken is no more, and a collab between Sony and Mistwalker would fix the first problem.

I'm not saying there WILL be a Sony game from them, but I was just pointing out how your reasoning is faulty.

Did MS cancel it? If not there should still be a 3rd if the contact states as such. 

My reasoning is not really faulty because hasnt that Ken guy been gone for a while, Last Story is almost out so when that is released and per se the next game is not on ps3 can you give up on this company. I doubt it is one guy that stops them from working with a whole company, the past 2 years people from companies have found it much easier for some reason to program for Ps3, yet no mistwalker murmerings. I think it may be more then just an immature dispute. 

Though having said all this I think Mistwalker should stay independent anyway. Would be better that way. 

I dont think there realy looking to buy anyone at the moment. Though i think at the rate there going Square might need a bale out again XD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Ready at Dawn

AussieGecko said:
huaxiong90 said:

Did MS cancel it? If not there should still be a 3rd if the contact states as such. 

My reasoning is not really faulty because hasnt that Ken guy been gone for a while, Last Story is almost out so when that is released and per se the next game is not on ps3 can you give up on this company. I doubt it is one guy that stops them from working with a whole company, the past 2 years people from companies have found it much easier for some reason to program for Ps3, yet no mistwalker murmerings. I think it may be more then just an immature dispute. 

Though having said all this I think Mistwalker should stay independent anyway. Would be better that way. 

Hmm...I just read that it was published by AQ Interactive, and that poor economic conditions were the reason, and it also said Microsoft had nothing to do with it. There was supposed to be a Blue Dragon 2 as well, from what I remember, but it's just rumors at the moment.

Now as for the second part, remember, this was back in 2007. But as for him disliking Ken, it could be a grudge over something that happened between him and Sony back when he was in Square.

But yeah, I wouldn't want the man (Sakaguchi) to be under pressure from corporations. I would only approve IF he's fine with it and is in a comfortable working environment.