By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State which developer/s should Sony acquire next

Why are people saying Square?

Hironobu Sakaguchi of Mistwalker (FFIV-FFIX), Matsuno (Vagrant Story,FF Tactics) and Tetsuya Takahashi of Monolith Soft (Xenogears, Xenosaga) can all be purchased for much cheaper fee's combined than Square. You want the better JRPG's?  Then you shouldn't be saying Square but those 3 masters of the genre.

Around the Network

Letting Monolith get bought by Nintendo was a TERRIBLE mistake. Sony should have jumped on them.

Honestly, I think Sucker Punch would be the best investment as for as indie devs go.

They have a great track record for developing games that are well received, critically and commercially. Not to mention, they already have a great relationship with Sony as it is.

Sucker Punch would be a fantastic addition to Sony's already vast arsenal of first party developers.

Microsoft.

None. If they are going to immediately reduce their potential target market by making exclusives then it is pointless.

Tease.

Around the Network

This is my complete breakdown of Sony wanting/not wanting to buy all of the devs, that anyone has named in this thread.

Sucker Punch- Sucker Punch is loyal to Sony, so Sony buying them would do nothing. It COULD speed up Sly 4 development, and enable the team to make better resources though.

Insomniac- Insomniac is also loyal to Sony, so again, it wouldn't do anything. They are supposed to be working with EA on their next game which is a multiplat, so I don't see them buying Insomniac any time soon. One bad thing to come out of this would be EA's partnership with Insomniac ending.

Level 5- If Sony were to buy them, White Knight Chronicles would get more installments. I could understand Sny wanting to get them because they need JRPGs, but Level 5 isn't the kind of dev they need.

Capcom- I don't want Resident Evil to be exclusive!!!

Square Enix- Like another person said, Square is heading in the wrong direction. Sony buying them would like jumping on a sinking ship.

Quantic Dream- The creator of 'Heavy Rain'already said that he doesn't want to do a sequal. Quantic Dream does more than just video games, so they would be highly unlikely.

Eat Sleep Play- I could see Sony buying them out based on wether Twisted Metal does good enough. Right now they have a thee game exclusive deal with Sony, so there won't be any buying any time soon, but I could see it in the future

Mistwalker- I doubt Mistwalker wants to be an exclusive team. Right now they are working onThe Last Story, and it is proving to be a huge project. Like I said, Sony needs JRPGs, and Mistwalker is the right team, but they want to be independent.

Monolith Soft-  Monolith is owned by Nintendo right now. They could mkae some JRPGs, but I doubt Nintendo will give them up. They will be better off with Mistwalker, or buy forming their own team.

Platinum Games- MadWorld was crap, so Idon't want them developing for Sony. They will be better off with Sega

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
PullusPardus said:

Nintendo.

-is too lazy to post that trollface-

you stole my line , but i will post it again

NINTENDO

platinum games

Tetsuya Nomura.  He's the last thing letting me believe in Square-Enix.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

GAH Double post

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752