By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider reboot influenced by Uncharted

amp316 said:
patapon said:
amp316 said:
patapon said:
amp316 said:

That would be like if James Bond was influenced by Jason Bourne. 

Incredibly lame.

Please take that gun, rotate it 30 degrees counter clockwise, and then pull the trigger.

Why?  Are you 30 degrees to my left?

Oh Mr. Bond, lets assume I am. Would you pull the trigger? :(

This is where I'm thankful you prefer Tomb Raider over Uncharted because chances are you'd miss!

No... I wouldn't tell someone to blow their head off either...

Anyways, I never said that I prefered Tomb Raider over Uncharted.  That would be impossible since Lara Croft got a sex change and renamed herself Nathan Drake. 

Ahhh, so you're in to the men then? I hope you don't think I'm against that sort of behavior, no sir. And honestly, I'm sorry about telling Mr. Connery to blow his head off.

Although, I'm skeptical that would kill him...

Around the Network
patapon said:
amp316 said:
patapon said:
amp316 said:
patapon said:

Ahhh, so you're in to the men then? I hope you don't think I'm against that sort of behavior, no sir. And honestly, I'm sorry about telling Mr. Connery to blow his head off.

Although, I'm skeptical that would kill him...

No.  I am not into men.  Hope this doesn't disappoint you.  I also am not turned on by video game characters at all.  Everyone's entitled to like what they like though.  To each their own.  

What I am saying is that Tomb Raider and Uncharted might as well be the same franchise.  Uncharted is basically a modern day Tomb Raider with a lot of shooting in case you didn't notice.  It's not exactly the most inspired franchise. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

What I am saying is that Tomb Raider and Uncharted might as well be the same franchise.  Uncharted is basically a modern day Tomb Raider with a lot of shooting in case you didn't notice.  It's not exactly the most inspired franchise. 

Hmmm... really? I think there's definitely a sizable difference between what tomb raider is, and what Uncharted is... Uncharted isn't only tomb raider with a penis, and Tomb raider isn't just Uncharted without aiming skills. The bridge between the two franchises is wider than a coat of paint. That's why I've met multiple people on here who HATE uncharted but love Tomb raider. (and vice versa)

CD seems to be a good developer. I'm sure they know the differences well, and will stick to them. But at the same time, head into uncharted territory at times (bad pun) just like what was said in the OP.

I'm sure this game will be quality. And at the same time, still be different from Uncharted. Or at least that's what the interview seems to suggest

patapon said:
amp316 said:

Hmmm... really? I think there's definitely a sizable difference between what tomb raider is, and what Uncharted is... Uncharted isn't only tomb raider with a penis, and Tomb raider isn't just Uncharted without aiming skills. The bridge between the two franchises is wider than a coat of paint. That's why I've met multiple people on here who HATE uncharted but love Tomb raider. (and vice versa)

CD seems to be a good developer. I'm sure they know the differences well, and will stick to them. But at the same time, head into uncharted territory at times (bad pun) just like what was said in the OP.

I'm sure this game will be quality. And at the same time, still be different from Uncharted. Or at least that's what the interview seems to suggest

Maybe you're right.  Maybe the two franchises aren't as much alike as I say.

Now I shall leave your thread since I plan on watching Raiders Of The Lost Ark in a little bit.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I never understood why people say Naughty Dog copied Tomb Raider. If I was to say Naughty Dog copied anything it would be the Indiana Jones movies and not Tomb Raider. Only people who havn't played tomb raider would say that. The game featured differant game mechanics, differant fighting and shooting, and differant climbing techniques. The only thing they have in common is both games are all about finding lost treasure in various tombs from around the world.

Come on Uncharted is one big homage to Indiana Jones from the action based humour to the over the top cars chases and tricky situations. To say it copied Tomb Raider is like saying Volleyball copied Tennis because both games involve hitting a ball over a net.

Around the Network
geddesmond2 said:

I never understood why people say Naughty Dog copied Tomb Raider. If I was to say Naughty Dog copied anything it would be the Indiana Jones movies and not Tomb Raider. Only people who havn't played tomb raider would say that. The game featured differant game mechanics, differant fighting and shooting, and differant climbing techniques. The only thing they have in common is both games are all about finding lost treasure in various tombs from around the world.

Come on Uncharted is one big homage to Indiana Jones from the action based humour to the over the top cars chases and tricky situations. To say it copied Tomb Raider is like saying Volleyball copied Tennis because both games involve hitting a ball over a net.

Hmmm... interesting

Good points!

Isn't that interesting. Uncharted was influenced by Tomb Raider...and now Tomb Raider is influenced by Uncharted. That's cool.

I really do have to give credit to Tomb Raider though for setting the foundation, but Naughty Dog is obviously the best at what they do. Lol.

well they couldn't have picked a better games to be influenced by

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

amp316 said:
patapon said:
amp316 said:

That would be like if James Bond was influenced by Jason Bourne. 

Incredibly lame.

Please take that gun, rotate it 30 degrees counter clockwise, and then pull the trigger.

Why?  Are you 30 degrees to my left?

Spoken like the true James Bond.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

geddesmond2 said:

Well put.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!