By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo triples distribution workforce.

This was already in the thread about the NoA phone conference, but everybody likes pictures.

also a link:  http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/12/photo-nintendo.html

Around the Network

What a shock. I mean, I am so shocked Nintendo would try to get more Wiis out.

Is the sarcasm obvious?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I guess its more relevant for games - stories of huge delays for game reorders, etc.

Its not going to hurt - Ninty will be much better prepared for next Xmas, when it hits...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
I guess its more relevant for games - stories of huge delays for game reorders, etc.

Its not going to hurt - Ninty will be much better prepared for next Xmas, when it hits...

I believe this tripling of the workforce is only temporary, though. From the conference call transcripts and summaries I've been reading at sites like Kotaku and Go Nintendo, Nintendo is diverting some of their January shipments into this month for the Christmas rush.

Nintendo's QC process has always required humans pack the boxes. So, given that, and that Reggie has acknowledged that some hardware slated for January is in fact assembled at some factory, I'm interpeting this tripling of the human workforce to mean that if there are parts coming off an assembly line, pack them and get them on a truck NOW. On December 25, every item in the factory that could have been put in a box, better be under some American kids' Christmas tree.

They'll worry about January in January. 

wii is the easiest console to make, they can make more than 1.8 M a month, Its just they are probably lying and saying 1.8M to shock people with the amount of wii's they sell.

mM
Around the Network

I don't think so leo. The MEMS that are incorporated in the Wiimote are much more advanced and harder to produce than anything the PS3 or Xbox360 has.

I see, the MEMS are more complex than the CELL.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

leo-j said:
wii is the easiest console to make, they can make more than 1.8 M a month, Its just they are probably lying and saying 1.8M to shock people with the amount of wii's they sell.

They could make more, if they had the parts, and the workforce, etc.

But it takes 5 months to ramp up production, since parts take five months to order, and Nintendo has been slowly ramping up this year, expect more rampups next year (I fully expect next year they will be around 2.8 million plus per month production, since they will be more ready)

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Bladeneo said:
I see, the MEMS are more complex than the CELL.

From a production point of view obviously. Once you design a Cell the production is fairly easy. Every tape-out you can get 1 million CELLS. With the MEMS, that is not possible yet.

i don't know if wii will be selling more next year than this year, but whatever happens they better ramp up production well over 2 million during the fall to ensure enough units xmas '08. i'm sure they could sell 4 million wii's in december if they only had the stock.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy