By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it time to accept Final Fantasy XIV??

Naraku_Diabolos said:

WoW? Cataclysm? That utter garbage?? Sorry, I don't like WoW because it is trash to me. I played it for just a day when I was at a University on my friend's laptop, and to me it is garbage. I had more fun playing FFXI than that crap. The only thing I liked about that game was the colors. COLORS, not ART STYLE. Plus that game is too much of a cartoon to suit my tastes. OH, but also the opening cinemas for WoW are pretty cool, but why can the game LOOK like the opening cinemas and not some cartoon garbage that looks like a spruced up Disney's Toon Town??

Plus the Elementals in that game don't look like the "elements." They are not supposed to look like some robotic shit that walks on two legs or floats in the are with human like appearances. I LOVED the appearance of the Elementals on FFXI; they actually looked like PURE elemental energy. Swirling air, pulsating rocks, glistening ice that floats in the air, etc.

Oh, and Cataclysm's commercial just shows one pissed off dragon that is destroying the land. What does it prove?

"AAAARRRGHH! I'm some pissed off dragon! I hate this land some I'm going to destroy it! BURN IN HELL!!!11"

EDIT: Oh, and even FFXI made WoW look like an N64 game with just a bit more polygons. Heck, even FFXIV makes it look like crap.

/end rant (and my opinion)

putting some bold letters there to show where the problem is

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
radha said:

@richard

awesome vid

Thanks.  I am trying to remember where I first saw it.  It may of been on here actually.  I have it saved to my favorites on YouTube.

It's time to accept the Final Final Fantasy.

That video is awesome and now it's stuck in my head.  Thanks.

And on a related note, I apparantly really like Nerf NOW!!

This thread is win simply for having Nerf Now in the first post. Nerf Now is one of my favorite webcomics =)

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

WoW? Cataclysm? That utter garbage?? Sorry, I don't like WoW because it is trash to me. I played it for just a day when I was at a University on my friend's laptop, and to me it is garbage. I had more fun playing FFXI than that crap. The only thing I liked about that game was the colors. COLORS, not ART STYLE. Plus that game is too much of a cartoon to suit my tastes. OH, but also the opening cinemas for WoW are pretty cool, but why can the game LOOK like the opening cinemas and not some cartoon garbage that looks like a spruced up Disney's Toon Town??

Plus the Elementals in that game don't look like the "elements." They are not supposed to look like some robotic shit that walks on two legs or floats in the are with human like appearances. I LOVED the appearance of the Elementals on FFXI; they actually looked like PURE elemental energy. Swirling air, pulsating rocks, glistening ice that floats in the air, etc.

Oh, and Cataclysm's commercial just shows one pissed off dragon that is destroying the land. What does it prove?

"AAAARRRGHH! I'm some pissed off dragon! I hate this land some I'm going to destroy it! BURN IN HELL!!!11"

EDIT: Oh, and even FFXI made WoW look like an N64 game with just a bit more polygons. Heck, even FFXIV makes it look like crap.

You use to be a pretty cool poster and pretty cool guy, but lately, damn.  Sometimes you really just need to read what you write before you press that Done button.

I was very tired last night and frustrated earlier because when I was playing FFXIV, I was doing 2 Battlecraft Leves (out of the 3 I chose), and during BOTH of them, my game all of a sudden encounters an error and closes on me. I log back on and there is no way to get the Battlecraft Leves again >:( So I tried to see if a different graphics driver would help, but I haven't logged onto the game to test it yet. And I was just starting both of those Leves, too

radha said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

Well, it was my opinion and how I view the dumb game. I have lost friends who decided to devote their lives to WoW and they 'changed.' They weren't the same people I once knew. And then they started to speak the language of "WoW Geek" during normal conversations about video games by comparing everything else to WoW...

Naraku_Diabolos said:
radha said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

Well, it was my opinion and how I view the dumb game. I have lost friends who decided to devote their lives to WoW and they 'changed.' They weren't the same people I once knew. And then they started to speak the language of "WoW Geek" during normal conversations about video games by comparing everything else to WoW...

Lol i did that with FF7 back in the days, it is geekish dear god, but thats not the game is fault, anyway, FF14 's problems are not as subjective as liking something or not it appears, it a quality problem, that is objective, forcing players to only do s certain amount of quest is like trying to force them to spend more time in the game to get their money, is a cheap trick

Hey Listen!

so this thread apparently introduce some people to nerf now and freaks, awesome

Hey Listen!

thanks i havent been checking game news lately, i have been too busy the last 6 months. So what now ? will the ps3 version ever come out? will they work harder now on FFvXIII ??

wedding veils

discount wedding dress

mother of the bride