By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 v1.05 - Now live!

Cobretti2 said:
kowenicki said:
Hynad said:

People complaining about the patches...  Seriously.  Polyphony is showing their fans that they care about their input and give them what they ask for.

It's not like this patch is addressing things they didn't have time to implement.  They're giving the fans what they ask for and or to address what they complain about.

That kind of patches is greatly welcome to me.  It's not like some other developers who rush their games only to patch them later to correct all the game breaking bugs and glitches.   In the case of GT5, the game was entirely playable, mostly bug free as far as I can tell and feature filled from day one.  They're just supporting the game by listening to the fan's needs and basically just adding more value for our hard earned money.

Whilst I dont agree with the complaints above... your explanation is nonsense imo. There is simply no way this is a speedy response to user requests.  (I mean think about it.. PD and a speedy coded response!? lol)

The game wasnt finished and this is content that was always intended.  There is nothing wrong with that. 

To the others...

I dont see the problem. Load the update and enjoy the game... why complain about an update?

I will tell you what my problem with patches on consoles are:

This game has 5 patches already.

What if I decide to uninstall the game and install others. Then 5 years from now I want to pull out GT5 to remember the good old days? Will I be able to patch the game again? or that content will be gone as the next gen PS will be out?

This problem is easy to solve on a PC because many sites host old game patches everywhere. And the fact they are easy to download and store anywhere you want makes it easy to reinstall later.

This is why I said before hdds where around in consoles developers at least ensured all the BUGS were out of a game.

I really feel that games that rely on many patches on a console will not age well, because of the fact that once you played the game with all the extras that make the game better the game without the additions will just not feel the same as you have experienced better from it.

But this is just my personal opinion. 

5 patches? As far as aware only 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 & 1.05 exist. Patches are great and Kaz is only trying to make a perfect game even better and I appreciate that very much. We all pay good money for games and we do expect developers to spend time on the game after its release. PD is doing a great job and I cannot fathom how patches are a negative aspect.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Around the Network

I've been hugely impressed with this update so far.

There's an actual reason to race properly online now!!! All this time I'd just muck about with my friends and just crash and bump into each other just for fun. But now that we get rewarded, back to serious buziness lol.

And thank god for the improved rewards!

DonFerrari said:
michael_stutzer said:

It seems huge. Most of the complaints are addressed as far as I see. Especially increased rewards are more than welcome.

People complain about the patches... but Kazunori Yamauchi were pretty clear... "I come to the end of were my ideas and imagination could guide me, now we'll do our best to fullfill the wishes of our community and make the game even better acording to their desires"...

So each patch is to improve the game towards the fan inspiration.

Cool. He is a good man. I only want one thing more, online championships. That would be really fun.

XxXProphecyXxX said:

Mechanical damage in arcade is now available.

Cool.  Will need to fire it up then.  I want to see how badly vehicles can get totalled in the game.

Winters said:
Cobretti2 said:
kowenicki said:
Hynad said:

People complaining about the patches...  Seriously.  Polyphony is showing their fans that they care about their input and give them what they ask for.

It's not like this patch is addressing things they didn't have time to implement.  They're giving the fans what they ask for and or to address what they complain about.

That kind of patches is greatly welcome to me.  It's not like some other developers who rush their games only to patch them later to correct all the game breaking bugs and glitches.   In the case of GT5, the game was entirely playable, mostly bug free as far as I can tell and feature filled from day one.  They're just supporting the game by listening to the fan's needs and basically just adding more value for our hard earned money.

Whilst I dont agree with the complaints above... your explanation is nonsense imo. There is simply no way this is a speedy response to user requests.  (I mean think about it.. PD and a speedy coded response!? lol)

The game wasnt finished and this is content that was always intended.  There is nothing wrong with that. 

To the others...

I dont see the problem. Load the update and enjoy the game... why complain about an update?

I will tell you what my problem with patches on consoles are:

This game has 5 patches already.

What if I decide to uninstall the game and install others. Then 5 years from now I want to pull out GT5 to remember the good old days? Will I be able to patch the game again? or that content will be gone as the next gen PS will be out?

This problem is easy to solve on a PC because many sites host old game patches everywhere. And the fact they are easy to download and store anywhere you want makes it easy to reinstall later.

This is why I said before hdds where around in consoles developers at least ensured all the BUGS were out of a game.

I really feel that games that rely on many patches on a console will not age well, because of the fact that once you played the game with all the extras that make the game better the game without the additions will just not feel the same as you have experienced better from it.

But this is just my personal opinion. 

5 patches? As far as aware only 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 & 1.05 exist. Patches are great and Kaz is only trying to make a perfect game even better and I appreciate that very much. We all pay good money for games and we do expect developers to spend time on the game after its release. PD is doing a great job and I cannot fathom how patches are a negative aspect.

Not to say they are making it better not fixing it... you can have a very pleasant play without any patch (which is untrue to a lot of other games), in GT5 case they are making it better for you and you don't even need to patch it.

@michael_stutzer: there are online ranking, online races, GT Academy and some other competition... probably in the near future we will see some kind of championship, but with a 4,5 Million users a championship with a lot of races and pontuation would be really hard... but maybe they could put a quallifying method in the first semester and the 16 best would race the second part of the year for the title of the best of the year each year. (much like soccer's championship that warrant you a spot in other championship).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

People are REALLY complaining about the number of patches? Most games get a patch day 1. Even a game like Black Ops that has used almost the exact same engine for several years of sequels has been through a series of patches already, and the online was badly broken for almost a month after release.

Yes, the game was in development for a while. You are only saying 5 years because thats how long ago GT4 released. Early developmental stages comprised of just planning and layout can take close to a year. Do I think that development took TOO long for the end product? Sure. But I'm not going to complain about the patches.

Why? Because bugs were going to be found regardless. 5 years or not. For some simple math... lets say they had 25 people play-testing the game for 3 of those years, for about 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. In total, thats 117,000 collective hours of play-testing.

The game sold over a million copies on day one. If EACH of those buyers played the game for a mere 10 minutes on the first day of purchase, then the cumulated play time would be greater for those 10 minutes after the release than it was for the entire 3 years the game was playtested during development.

I'd say that after a week, with ~2 million buyers playing the game for on average just an hour a day, thats 14 million play hours, or roughly 120 times the amount of play time the game received during testing. Bugs were 120 times more likely to be found in the first week after release than during the entire development process. 

Sorry, but patches were going to happen. Even if the game was in development for 10 years, the figures still wouldn't add up.

How does one turn on damage in the arcade mode?  Is it that you need to unlock it in the regular mode first?

After you pick your car/track and the options menu pops up asking you to pick your transmission, tires, etc... go to the bottom and choose what type of damage you want.

richardhutnik said:

How does one turn on damage in the arcade mode?  Is it that you need to unlock it in the regular mode first?

When you select the race in arcade there is a option in the specs (where you change tires) before entering they ask you what configuration you'll use... in the GTmode pratice you can also use it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."