By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - God of War 3 to pass 1 and 2 LTD?

God of War III (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
39 118,954 3,491,556
God of War (PS2)
299 809 2,522,987
God of War II (PS2)
196 7,038 3,502,881

So basically 2.5 million left. I dont think the game has turned Platinum in EU yet (or Greatest Hits in North America) and its soon to be the best seller by the end of the year (9 months). Reckon it'll do it? Also GOWC should pass 2 million next week and may go on to do 3 million (I predicted 2.5ish for this I think).

God of War Collection (PS3)
56 116,984 1,945,841

Not bad for PS2 remasters.

Around the Network

I knew GOW1 seemed low. Oh well guess it has even less chance. Still, best selling GOW, wonder what Jaffe thinks.

Do u mean when will GOW3 pass GOW and GOW2 combined? or individually? and is it possible that the older GOW titles are undertracked or are those officialy confirmed sales numbers?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I doubt it'll outsell them combined but it should sell 5 mill.

I take it you meant combined so no. Individually, easily. 5 mil at the very least which is beyond what I thought and completely deserved.

Around the Network

It should have no problem outselling it's previous iterations individually.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

individually yes, combined no.

should hit 3.9 million this year(selling roughly 100k a week, plus the trilogy sales(100k)),  5 million lifetime sees probable.

Them combined it kind of out of the question, as it turns out that would need 7.4 million rather than 5.9. Still, I don't think it would have had a shot at 6 million anyway. Before the holiday season, it dropped to less than 20k for a week a few times.

Generally, a good formula for decently-but-not-too-well legged games is

Sales of next year = Sales of a mid-November week *45

(It gets lower and lower sales as the year passes, but the next holiday season makes up for that).

What this means is, essentially, that I'm  be expecting somewhere around 750-1000k next year for God of War 3. It should have around 500k, perhaps a tad more, left for this year, so let's say 4 million at the end of 2010. Then most likely ~ 4.9 million by the end of 2011. After that, it's going to be quite low. Something along the lines of "just a couple of hundred thousand left in its life".

So I'm going to say around 5.2 million lifetime for it. Which means that God of War 3 God of War Collection combined should nicely outdo God of War 1 2.

What? No! God of War III is only selling 2 million LTD max. It was written in stone before it was released. This 3.5 million figure is just a figment of your imagination, and talk of 5 million is pure fantasy.

Made up numbers are made up.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

God of War 1 is missing EU data on the weekly sales thing, but it has sold 3.75 million worldwide.

While I don't think that God of War III can outsell 'em combined, I think it has a shot at 5 million and become the best selling God of War game.