By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Nintendo Create New franchises?

Really Nintendo?  you create an whole bunch of mega franchises 25 odd years ago and basically stuck with them and is bleeding every last cent of there valve. Sure Mario is still great as it was 25 years ago but really do we need an new Mario game every single year.

Nintendo have repackaged there own games more than any other medium, the lastest Mario Alstars is an re release or an re release. 

But it seems that Nintendo is hardly creating new Franchises.  Sure they created an few Wii and Nintendo games such as Wii sports, Brain Training extra. But they should be following the Likes of Sony, Microsoft and other 3rd Party devolopers in create new Ips every year. 

But Nintendo is making huge sales off its 25 year old franchises so do you think that Nintendo will stop and rest its Mario, Zelda, donkey kong etc, and move on and create new franchises in greater numbers. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

I think Nintendo will continue to concentrate in old franchises as almost all games from them have huge sales! Even if create new franchises a little often would be more interesting!!!

I doubt that very much, why would they when their old boys are still selling like hell?

Nintendo's created a fuck load of new IPs this generation, just with the exception of Brain Training, Wii... and Nintendogs they haven't been that major and haven't seen anywhere near the success of the likes of Mario, Zelda, etc.

Off the top of my head from Nintendo first and second parties this generation:

Wii...

Tomodachi Collection

Brain Age

Nintendogs

Disaster: DoC

Xenoblade

Soma Bringer

Captain Rainbow

Daigasso/Jam with the Band

Ouenden/Elite Beat Agents

Electroplankton

English/Maths/Face Training

Maboshi

Lonpos

Big Brain Acadamy

Style Boutique

Rhythm Heaven

Photo Dojo

Kappa Trail

I want to stress that this is just off the top of my head, and there are probably more I've forgotten.  I've excluded games like Endless Ocean and Another Code, which were developed by 3rd parties.  You are factually wrong to say Nintendo 'hardly create any new IPs'.  I would prefer it if Nintendo made less IPs and focussed more attention and marketing on each one.  Nintendo is missing a major new so called 'hardcore' IPs this gen, like how they had Pikmin last gen and Pokemon and 1080 in the 5th gen.

They wont make any new characters until they have bled there current ones dry....thats why i dont like Nintendo any more ¬.¬

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

yea i mean new characters with an completly different twist. 

mario games usally revolve around platforming 

Zelda is adventure and arrow and sword play

etc etc

I want nintendo to rest its characters its bleeding and try something new 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

MrT-Tar said:

Nintendo's created a fuck load of new IPs this generation, just with the exception of Brain Training, Wii... and Nintendogs they haven't been that major and haven't seen anywhere near the success of the likes of Mario, Zelda, etc.

Wii...

Tomodachi Collection

Brain Age

Nintendogs

Xenoblade

Soma Bringer

Captain Rainbow

Electroplankton

Maboshi

Lonpos

Big Brain Acadamy

Style Boutique

Rhythm Heaven

Photo Dojo

Kappa Trail

I want to stress that this is just off the top of my head, and there are probably more I've forgotten.  I've excluded games like Endless Ocean and Another Code, which were developed by 3rd parties.  You are factually wrong to say Nintendo 'hardly create any new IPs'.  I would prefer it if Nintendo made less IPs and focussed more attention and marketing on each one.  Nintendo is missing a major new so called 'hardcore' IPs this gen, like how they had Pikmin last gen and Pokemon and 1080 in the 5th gen.

Can I ignore your post since it does not agree with my belief?

Galaki said:
MrT-Tar said:

Wii...

Tomodachi Collection

Brain Age

Nintendogs

Xenoblade

Soma Bringer

Captain Rainbow

Electroplankton

Maboshi

Lonpos

Big Brain Acadamy

Style Boutique

Rhythm Heaven

Photo Dojo

Kappa Trail

Can I ignore your post since it does not agree with my belief?

do you have any other options? no, so ignore his post ^^

Booh nintendo!!!

(and nice comment @ ioi, it is very true).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Look at Wii's bestselling game. Wii Sports. No? Wii Play. New franchise. Look at DS' bestselling game. Nintendogs. New franchise.

Really, the most work Nintendo's put into is new franchises. Sure, they've added on to old franchises as well, but don't pretend that everyone doesn't do that. New franchises are always second priority. For everyone.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

EDIT: Ignore my first post...

What I meant to say was that It's better to make great, innovative, genius masterpieces with great and well known characters then to just make the same game with a different character used just for the sake of making it seem like it's new or *original*

You seem to be a PS fan so i'll comment on the games in your sig, can you honestly tell me what sets Killzone and Socom apart from other shooters? or what sets apart infamous apart from other superhero games?

The only game in your that's even remotely innovative would have to be LBP i guess. It made creating and sharing content easier yet more robust than before, although it totally sucks as a 2D platformer (yes i've played it)

So think about what your gonna say next time THEN hit the 'post' button. It might just save you some embarrassment :D