By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - South Park vs Family Guy: Which is better?

Family guy deffinitley.

But The Simpsons is still the best :)

Around the Network

south park(please drop the whole coon& friends nonsense,,,it's not funnny)

then followed by american dad

then family guy.

Family Guy started off great..and then Seth McFarlene started running out of ideas after 20 or so episodes.  Now it's the same crap over and over again and while it has its moments, it's pretty much garbage. 

What's amazing is that there are people that watch Family Guy, American Dad, and The Clevelands when they're all the same exact bad show.  It's like ol' Seth isn't even trying (or at least I hope he isn't) yet people still just beg for more.  Family Guy and all its clones really are worse than even the current Simpons.

South Park on the other hand, continues to be socially relevant episode after episode and generally always remains fresh.  Every now and then there's a miss, but every other episode generally far makes up for it.

I'll go with South Park.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

south park is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better!!!

Everyoine who wrote a long post about why South Park is better is writing exactly how I feel about it.  South Park FTW

I am also really enjoying Ugly Americans as well,  I wonder how many people have watched that

d21lewis said:

Southpark is better written and more original but sometimes it seems like Matt and Trey just don't know what they want to do.  But when they're good, they're very good.

Family Guy is consistently funny but when it's all over, I have a hard time remembering the jokes or even the plot.

I'll just call it a draw and say Futurama kicks both of their asses.

Last I heard, Matt & Trey had very little to do with the past few seasons of SP. That would explain the decline in quality (the earlier episodes from this season were great, though).

I've watched a lot....And I mean a lot of SP and Family Guy. I'd have to go with South Park by a favorable margin. Family Guy had a lot of good episodes, but the newer ones (especially the longer 1hr episodes) plain suck. Both South Park and Family guy have gone more to the whole 'stick to the central topic and don't divert' way of presenting episodes, which has been bad for both, but Family Guy almost isn't funny any more.

Whereas, South Park at least has had 4-5 memorable episodes within the past 2 seasons.

Don't get me started on Seth McFarland's other abominations. American Dad and The Cleveland Show are horrible.

Right now, though, Robot Chicken is the best one in concerns to new episodes.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

twesterm said:

Family Guy started off great..and then Seth McFarlene started running out of ideas after 20 or so episodes.  Now it's the same crap over and over again and while it has its moments, it's pretty much garbage. 

What's amazing is that there are people that watch Family Guy, American Dad, and The Clevelands when they're all the same exact bad show.  It's like ol' Seth isn't even trying (or at least I hope he isn't) yet people still just beg for more.  Family Guy and all its clones really are worse than even the current Simpons.

South Park on the other hand, continues to be socially relevant episode after episode and generally always remains fresh.  Every now and then there's a miss, but every other episode generally far makes up for it.

South Park has had a few bad episodes lately, though. The Coon & Friends arc was pitiful. Season 13 and 14 has been hit and miss, when compared to Season 11 and 12.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

^I agree, I disliked the Coon and Friends episodes, but the last episode with the Shake Weight was hilarious!