By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - South Park vs Family Guy: Which is better?

South Park always has a morale to the story, in Family Guy stuff happens for no reason. The boys always solve a problem like the financial crisis, save the World of Warcraft, finding the cure of AIDs, or  ending the Canadian strike.

Around the Network

South Park so independent and funny

Family Guy is terrible ever since they brought it back years ago. What happened?

South Park still manages to be truly brilliant sometimes, which is more than most long-running cartoon series can achieve (see: The Simpsons.)

south park= american dad it's hard to believe american dad is made by the same people who are making familly guy one is great the other one is garbage

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

south park= american dad it's hard to believe american dad is made by the same people who are making familly guy one is great the other one is garbage

This! American Dad is funny. Roger and Steve make me have a great laugh. It seems kind of contradicting that American Dad is made by the ones who created Family Guy. 

Around the Network
dany612 said:
chapset said:

This! American Dad is funny. Roger and Steve make me have a great laugh. It seems kind of contradicting that American Dad is made by the ones who created Family Guy. 

first season of familly guy was great i don't know how it went so bad

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Kasz216 said:

I look at it this way.

Southpark is like an edgy political comedian.

Half the time he's really hilarious and makes a god point... the other half of the time he's so offensive you have to turn off your tv... even if he has a good point.

While Family Guy is like Eddie Murphy.

Really funny for a while... but now it just hurts you to see him do anything...

Ever since Family guy came back they just stupified everything, and intensified and distilled a lot about itself... to the point of where it's just bad.

I preferred post-cancellation family guy to pre-cancellation family guy, but only the first few post-cancellation seasons. Now they're a little too self-indulgent with all the song and dance numbers and yet-more-forced non-sequitors.

Pre-cancellation the show tended to be a little too shmaltzy

South Park is one of those shows that's improved with age, that as they got more budget and more creative freedom their plots have generally become better, not worse

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Family Guy lost its charm when the show returned.

Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:

I look at it this way.

Southpark is like an edgy political comedian.

Half the time he's really hilarious and makes a god point... the other half of the time he's so offensive you have to turn off your tv... even if he has a good point.

While Family Guy is like Eddie Murphy.

Really funny for a while... but now it just hurts you to see him do anything...

Ever since Family guy came back they just stupified everything, and intensified and distilled a lot about itself... to the point of where it's just bad.

I preferred post-cancellation family guy to pre-cancellation family guy, but only the first few post-cancellation seasons. Now they're a little too self-indulgent with all the song and dance numbers and yet-more-forced non-sequitors.

Pre-cancellation the show tended to be a little too shmaltzy

South Park is one of those shows that's improved with age, that as they got more budget and more creative freedom their plots have generally become better, not worse

Oh definitly.  It's funny, I don't watch southpark too often just because I don't like to plan my schedule around something i'm not sure i'd like, but when I do watch it... it seems pretty brilliant.

Even when there is the stuff that offends me, I can see the point behind it even if I disagree with the imagery they used.  (Like the whole rape episode where it turned out the things being raped were Indiana jones and stuff like that...)

I enjoy how they clearly have an agenda and bias with things... but it's THERE agenda rather then just some monolithic agenda they agree with because it's eaiser to pick a "less bad" side then it is to form your own opinions.

Anyone who says Family Guy doesn't understand what funny is.

South Park has had its share of terrible episodes but when that show is firing on all cylinders, there isn't better social satire to be found on television. More than one episode of South Park has had me literally on the floor crying from laughter.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/