By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wonktonodi said:

Reasons I'm suppsicios of HAT

first my last summary

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3829057

some of the contradictions in his posts

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3823941

A post where I mention several things he says that are flawed, wrong or insulting. Unfortunatly I ended that one in a way that got the focus off him and onto me as ff so kindly pointed out

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3823903

and here where he continuded to not respond to any ponts in my first post and says he did already by just quoting from the mafia site.  Hardly a responce to my post point by point just calling it all scumy without any further thought. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3823838

So from all of this one could conclude HAt is bad with math and a bit lazy with his posting so that he just lumps it all as scum without making a point by point argument.  Or that he is scum and is intentionally putting out bad information.  Lying about it.  Ignoring my points and calling me scumy so instead of people reading any of the points they all just said wonk's giving me bad vibes.

His more recent post saying that it was a bad more by the mafia to lynch theprof.  What was that?  Was it him saying that he couldn't be sucm because he'd lynch someone else?  There really is no reason for him to say that if he's town he shouldn't say it because it makes him look like he's trying to be town and also he shouldn't be giving the mafia advice.

Unrelated to this, but I'm so excited to return to the thread and see more than just one or two new posts.

Now, on the percentage thing, hat was saying it was a fail math joke, not math fail. As in he tried to make a math joke, and that was my thought as well at the time it was posted, but it failed to get any laughs. The fact that he didn't respond to zexen's clarification that it added up to 100% as it should actually backs this up: no lulz and explaining a joke is well less than useful. Still, a joke isn't a contribution either, unless there was an underling implication that hat disagreed with 'the certainty that there are 5 mafia'.

The "200 posts later" is certainly hyperbole, but it really doesn't make sense given the posts were fairly close to each other, both in number and in time. I can't imagine why hat would try to create the idea of a significant gap like that.

I'd disagree with you about there being a huge difference between nordlead's response on the number of mafia last round and zexen's this time around. Yes, nordlead gave a range while zexen gave an exact number, but both are responses that in all likely-hood give the actual number. It's only a connection if you are scum,(since you asked how many there are) since Heph was first to bring up the number of scum last round. Even then it's a stretch to say zexen must be scum because nordlead was last time. In all it's a somewhat interesting observation, but pretty meaningless in my opinion.

And I think you have points in the third link that they deserved a response from hat. Some of it is trivial, and some self-defense, but overall at the very least it should have prompted a "nice try, but you're still scum."

Oh, what's your take on Gnizmo now that prof is dead?
As for his vote, I think he meant that of the people he listed as being suspects, Stefl has a vote while you and radish have none.

Back to you and hat. All of this is really only valid if you're a townie, but a revenge vote(despite all the reasoning you may have, it can still appear to be revenge) doesn't make sense because it could just be another townie that is suspicious of you. I do admit that much of what hat says about you(parroting, a big post that doesn't say much, etc.) seems to be true. I just don't think it's enough at the moment to agree that you're scum, meaning the others I'm on to raise bigger flags.

If he's a townie, since he sees you as scum, it isn't very surprising that he's pretty much writing you off. On the hand, if that's the case, he should be trying much harder to convince others that you are scum. I wouldn't be that shocked if it turns out you're both on the mafia team.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

One benefit of this, however, is that we can focus on active people who are suspicious instead of just revenge-lynching lurkers, which is pretty much what I was about to push for.  (That's why I mentioned zexen; if not for his vacation he would have been one of the lurkers who really really ought to have done better.) 

Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of stand-out suspects.  When I took a look at the player list ... wait a minute.  nordlead -- what's his excuse?  I'll try to go back and see if he has one. 

I was getting ready to do the same, though Vetteman(last posted on the 22nd, been online several times since then) is highest on my list. I was also going to suggest that the cop investigate lurkers, and hopefully the lynches wouldn't overlap with anyone getting lynched. If scum were to keep going after active players, the cop would hopefully either find some scum or know enough pro-town to win it anyway. It's all moot now, and I'd rather we have active players and be concentrating on posts and not the lack thereof.

nordlead is sick apparently.

TruckOSaurus said:

There's something weird about j0 but I'm not sure he's scum because I don't see why the Mafia would try to cast suspicion on me when there's much more lynchable targets available. Maybe to prepare for later days, who knows.

Who would you say these "much more lynchable targets" are?

Actually if you think you're unlikely to be lynched now, then I'd say it makes a lot of sense if you two are scumbuddies. But I feel like I'm connecting far too many dots lately, and I doubt there can be so many lines.

nen-suer said:

Just quoting for your attention. Please respond to http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3842604
Also, what do you think of SAK's post about you? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3842788 

Linkzmax said:

TruckOSaurus said:

There's something weird about j0 but I'm not sure he's scum because I don't see why the Mafia would try to cast suspicion on me when there's much more lynchable targets available. Maybe to prepare for later days, who knows.

Who would you say these "much more lynchable targets" are?

Actually if you think you're unlikely to be lynched now, then I'd say it makes a lot of sense if you two are scumbuddies. But I feel like I'm connecting far too many dots lately, and I doubt there can be so many lines.

SAK, nen-suer, Gnizmo (a lot less since prof died). Basically anyone with a history of accusations against them.

The way I see it with a game running at the pace this one is going, rallying the votes to mislynch someone on which people had no previous suspicion would require a lot of work. The Mafia is more likely to push for someone who has already attracted some negative attention in the previous days. Which is why I'm leaning towards j0 being town. That being said, I'm still interested to know why he singled me out.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I've already said why I was suspicious of you the last day, Truck. 

I'm also curious as to why you think my prof/truck comments are odd, linkz. 

@ wonk, I' not thinking much of hat. His suspicion on you was legitimate, in my opinion. 

His post whining about prof's dead isn't scummy, although one can say it was some sort of cover up, as in pretending to be annoyed. That's such a stretch, though, that I don't ever see hatmoza doing that. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

Partly because Scottie didn't come up scum. Truck is next in line for my suspicions list.

Is that the reason you mentionned? Are you saying that you're suspicious of me because Scottie didn't come up scum (which makes no sense) or that I was the next guy on your suspicion list (in which case, I'd like to know why).

Signature goes here!

TruckO:

""So it seems Silver-Tiger won't get lynched and this has to end at some point so :

Unvote Silver-Tiger

And now I'm torn between the two prime suspect: SAK because he did make a pretty bad mistake and scottie because if he's scum there's a good chance nen-suer is scum too (because scottie avoided voting from nen when he had the most votes).'

-*Scottie stuff taken out, as it was completely wrong and is now useless.*-

Also,  HOS - Truck.

The above post from him is also an example on how too many of his posts have been relatively short, summary posts of the current suspects. I mean, above, he justs says SAk and scottie are on the line and doesn't evenbother to choose between them. 

I know that a lot of other people have been acting the same (maybe myself too) but I find it odd that Truck doesn't even bother to make excuses. He just does those short posts, and has managed to post enough throughout the game to be overlooked by the "lynch them damn lurkers" peeps." ~ j0

Yer lazy bum, trucks! 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

The above post from him is also an example on how too many of his posts have been relatively short, summary posts of the current suspects. I mean, above, he justs says SAk and scottie are on the line and doesn't evenbother to choose between them. 

Ahhh I see! Sorry, still haven't reread day two which I only skimmed through during the last week.

I said why I personally could vote for the two candidates. Then I didn't vote because I was out of touch with the game and needed to reread some parts to make up my mind. I could've just casted my vote for Scottie for the sake of ending the day but I don't like to make half-assed votes.

Signature goes here!

c03n3nj0 said:

I'm also curious as to why you think my prof/truck comments are odd, linkz. 

I never said anything about your comment on prof's list. Actually I'd most likely agree with it, except that with you being on his list, I can't rule out that prof actually nailed all four of ya and you're trying to make that seem unlikely and sacrificing Truck to make it seem like you are just a townie on the right track.

The only bit I thought odd was "because scottie didn't turn up scum." As I said, I hope someone else will figure out why I think it's odd, but if not I'll most likely explain why before the day is up. I'm not pointing it out now, because I'm not sure it's actually evidence against you, but it does make me think less of your vote on Truck. So as far as that goes, I'm waiting to see more reasoning.