By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tomorrow!

Me post tomorrow!

Winter break has been relatively entertaining, so I've been coming  in and out of VGC. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

edit- something's wrong with VGC. 

Triple post >_> 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

ok with the time limit set and the rules set for it unless some major changes happen scott will be lynched.  I'll add my vote within the next 24 hours unless anyone can give really good arguments for sak and it sways enough people to make it safe for us to not have a no lynch.

Scottie' logic was SO incoherent that my preferred interpretation is that he is scum thinking it would be a reasonable position, but since it's not his actual thoughts he didn't think it through. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:

Didn't skim at all. Very clarifying. I can understand the thought process with scottie now, and wouldn't call it flip-flopping anymore.

I think scottie's last actions were those of a noob mafia. You have a different opinion. SAK is fine for a lynching too. If he and I are still around day three I'd be pressing him hard again. Same goes for scottie if SAK or someone else reaches majority/takes the lead before deadline.

As for nen, I was leaning scum before scottie spoke up. If scottie flips vanilla townie as has pretty much been claimed then I'd likely stick with that. If scottie flips mafia, then I'm more inclined to believe he was trying to set nen up. Nen would drop out of my top suspects, but he'd be far from cleared in my eyes.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:

Didn't skim at all. Very clarifying. I can understand the thought process with scottie now, and wouldn't call it flip-flopping anymore.

I think scottie's last actions were those of a noob mafia. You have a different opinion. SAK is fine for a lynching too. If he and I are still around day three I'd be pressing him hard again. Same goes for scottie if SAK or someone else reaches majority/takes the lead before deadline.

As for nen, I was leaning scum before scottie spoke up. If scottie flips vanilla townie as has pretty much been claimed then I'd likely stick with that. If scottie flips mafia, then I'm more inclined to believe he was trying to set nen up. Nen would drop out of my top suspects, but he'd be far from cleared in my eyes.

I'd just like to clarify that I could go either way as well. One of the things I would like scottie to comment on is exactly how much experience he has in mafia.

I just noticed that he said he'd played "face to face" games previously, which I interpreted as "non-mafia face to face games", but it would explain why he has mentioned things like "mafia don't lurk, nor do they post the most", and "mafia are usually never the most (or least) aggressive". However, this doesn't account for his logic fails.

However, I don't think his answer is going to clear up anything for me. The whole nen allusion is weird and thinking that his stance would make him unlynchable. I'd really like to know exactly what 'format' of games he's been playing. ie; lynch flips happen in the morning/never happen/etc. I just want to know how he expects nen to be unlynchable. 

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:

I'd just like to clarify that I could go either way as well. One of the things I would like scottie to comment on is exactly how much experience he has in mafia.

I just noticed that he said he'd played "face to face" games previously, which I interpreted as "non-mafia face to face games", but it would explain why he has mentioned things like "mafia don't lurk, nor do they post the most", and "mafia are usually never the most (or least) aggressive". However, this doesn't account for his logic fails.

However, I don't think his answer is going to clear up anything for me. The whole nen allusion is weird and thinking that his stance would make him unlynchable. I'd really like to know exactly what 'format' of games he's been playing. ie; lynch flips happen in the morning/never happen/etc. I just want to know how he expects nen to be unlynchable. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3834952

This is scottie's first forum mafia game. 

I'm thinking that he's using generalizations from the real life games (the ones where you sit around in a circle) and is using them here. The only problem is, we can't use the tells from real life games, as obviously, we can't see each other. 

"When I am revealed to be town, please remember that the thing I committed to most in this game was that NeN is not scum. The arguments against him were rubbish, to be perfectly frank. This is also aimed at the person that gets to protect someone overnight."

This paragraph from scottie bothers me. It sounds like an obvious attempt to cast suspicion on nen when he is lynched and comes up mafia, it is either that, or he honestly believes Nen is innocent, and... was attempting to help.

But then there's this: 

TruckO:

"So it seems Silver-Tiger won't get lynched and this has to end at some point so :

Unvote Silver-Tiger

And now I'm torn between the two prime suspect: SAK because he did make a pretty bad mistake and scottie because if he's scum there's a good chance nen-suer is scum too (because scottie avoided voting from nen when he had the most votes)."

This was a few posts above Scottie's. It gets me thinking, Scottie could have perfectly mentioned nen in his post to try and make him look scummier, as people (as in truck, above) were already associating them. It makes Scottie look scummier, but I admit, Truck's post is a very small one to have influenced scottie to make an attempt to take nen down with him. But it stands out, and I maintain it as a possibility. 

We'll also have to wait until tomorrow to see how scottie comes up,though, because if he comes out town then this whole thing is useless. 

Also,  HOS - Truck.

The above post from him is also an example on how too many of his posts have been relatively short, summary posts of the current suspects. I mean, above, he justs says SAk and scottie are on the line and doesn't even bother to choose between them. 

I know that a lot of other people have been acting the same (maybe myself too) but I find it odd that Truck doesn't even bother to make excuses. He just does those short posts, and has managed to post enough throughout the game to be overlooked by the "lynch them damn lurkers" peeps. 

@j0http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3828386
Is this an admission that you aren't scumhunting? It's understandable if you don't have time, but that's certainly not a positive thing.

Not at that time, linkz. 

There were also a bunch of instances were you called suspicion on me for voting on Scottie as soon as I came back, but they were a couple lines in your big posts and I'm too lazy to look for them. Also because they weren't that strong of accusations in the first place. :P 

c03n3nj0 said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3834952

This is scottie's first forum mafia game. 

I'm thinking that he's using generalizations from the real life games (the ones where you sit around in a circle) and is using them here. The only problem is, we can't use the tells from real life games, as obviously, we can't see each other. 

yeah, but even if he is using generalizations, how he can think nen unlynchable is beyond me.

The other stuff concerning the lurkers or aggressiveness; Those  are understandable.