By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
MetalGear_94 said:

@Linkz

MetalGear- New, lurked a  huge amount last game and I was MAFIA. I lurked big time last game, I already have more post in the middle of day 2 of this game than the whole last game

Kamal- In the sailor moon game he was new, he also lurked a huge amount and he was MAFIA

Homer- In the dbz game he was new, He lurked a huge amount as well and He was MAFIA

Stefl- Although he was not new he still lurked a lot in the dbz game and he was MAFIA

my suspicions of Scottie are based on his massive lurking, he has been online during this game and has intentionally ignored this thread and chose to post on others.

I have atleast been trying to contribute to this game.

One thing though, I've never been Mafia on a VGC Mafia game - but I have been Mafia on other websites: I don't think that the Mafia in this game would let Scottie get away with not posting at all, because it makes him look suspicious. I'm sure that the Mafia would be constantly PMing him, telling him to actually make an effort. Although the people listed above did lurk, this is much more (in terms of lurking)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
MetalGear_94 said:
my suspicions of Scottie are based on his massive lurking, he has been online during this game and has intentionally ignored this thread and chose to post on others.

I have atleast been trying to contribute to this game.

One thing though, I've never been Mafia on a VGC Mafia game - but I have been Mafia on other websites: I don't think that the Mafia in this game would let Scottie get away with not posting at all, because it makes him look suspicious. I'm sure that the Mafia would be constantly PMing him, telling him to actually make an effort. Although the people listed above did lurk, this is much more (in terms of lurking)

But they aren't supposed to talk in the day.  They might not have thought to prod him last night. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

That postals list is an awesome resource even if I take it with a big grain of salt. 

For instance:  dtewi only has four posts?  That is extremely troubling.  I'm not yet prepared to say scummy -- I'd expect better from him than that if he was mafia -- but very troubling. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Linkzmax said:
MetalGear_94 said:

Scottie is lurking an unbelievable amount, his last post was about 4 days ago

He was last online 7 hours ago

Lurking is not productive to the town, might as well not be playing

Not only that he was also posting in different threads, it makes it seem like he is totally ignoring this game. Like others that have said before me new players that are mafia usaully  try to post as little as possible and only come out when they are acussed.

Last game I when was mafia and I did the same thing so,

Vote:Scottie

Scottie, get your ass back in this thread.

You get your very own post because you've fit the bill for "active lurker" the entire round. Throwing a bigger and non-active lurker into the spotlight(even if others have mentioned Scottie's absence) like this is not only hypocritical but I'm inclined not to believe it either. If you're actually trying to show that you think he's scum based on 2 posts(and you claim he's the most suspicious to you) then I'd vote for you right now. If you're only trying to get scottie back into the thread then by all means continue, but you've damned him either way with the bolded line.

@noname/tR:
Can we get a modpoke of scottie if none has already been issued. And if there's been no response, replacement/modkill at your discretion. I'd hate to see him lynched at this point because the flip wouldn't provide any information,(unless of course everyone thinks I'm trying to defend scottie with this post) while just about any other lynch would give more.

Apologies. family stuff has been taking much of my time. I've been trying to keep abreast of what is being said, so I have been reading and thinking, even if not posting. I'm still going through a bit of a thinking process and will be casting suspicion soon

A quick post before work. For dtewi I only started counting once he had his role PM. Otherwise there's 3 more posts IIRC

Around the Network

Ok, I am thinking that a lot of analysis is being put in to post count. I have often seen a player's level of involvement and how skilled they generally are at the game be used as a tie breaker - if you have two people equally likely to be scum you might as well keep the one that is contributing the most (or kill off the smartest)

However, I think that those who argue that a mafia would avoid posting entirely to avoid suspicion is either very incorrect or outright scummy. Quite clearly avoiding posting altogether does not avoid you suspicion, which is pretty obvious really.

So my suspicion is being leveled at those with moderate post counts, as well as those who are seizing on the low post count excuse to try to get townsfolk townkilled (or are simply townsfolk killing for a bad reason, but if they are it is no huge loss)

MG is very much giving off a mafia vibe at the moment. Posting enough to avoid his absence being noted, but not enough that he can end up saying incriminating things or attracting too much attention. Seizing on any excuse to call someone scum and then when the flaws in his reasoning are pointed out he says nothing. Voting for no lynch also makes me think he's scummy - the townsfolk were already aimed in the wrong direction and so he just abstained so he could later use it as a defense.

Vote: MG

Linkzmax said:

I'm also not sure I agree on the non-contributing part. As of this quote I do have only 4 of 15 posts marked as content to 4 non-content posts, but that also leaves 7 gray area posts. Truck has said he's going to check back so he'll be able to give a third opinion. As a comparison, I've got you as 5 of 15 for content, 7 non-content, and 3 gray. Also in your very last post you admitted:

I checked back and nen-suer did a lot of posting arguing about the importance of knowing the Mafia numbers right now but he also brought forward the point that (according to him) zexen tends to night kill people who disagree with him which I believe sparked the conversation between zexen and Gnizmo about the Death Note game.

He also comment on the possibilty of a Serial Killer in a vanilla game. So most posts were geared towards meta-game subjects but there's not much else to talk about on Day One.

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:

That postals list is an awesome resource even if I take it with a big grain of salt. 

For instance:  dtewi only has four posts?  That is extremely troubling.  I'm not yet prepared to say scummy -- I'd expect better from him than that if he was mafia -- but very troubling. 

dtewi is in Orlando and won't come back till wednesday

Sorry about not posting, I haven't been feeling well lately, I still don't, I've read all the posts so far but my head still hurts so I can't go and deep analyze every single post.

But I still see that nen is playing his uncommited game, where he'll play it safe until he can be sure he can vote. Nen, first, voting for a hunch is perfectly fine, as nothing in this game is sure, when you vote you can't know for sure that you're lynching a mafia (unless you have a proven cop investigate scum, of course), you need to trust your instincts a bit to vote. If the town were to just wait for a massive slip up to vote for someone you'd end up with no lynches 90% of the time, because when you lynch you really can't know for sure and it's not like players here are that stupid to make it certain to everyone they're mafia.

As I said in Day 1, you seem to try to be derailing the thread with shunning things, first you said you didn't care about the only info we had, then you say you'll only vote when you're completely sure of things and that you won't take back your vote, that sounds more to me like "I'll vote when the bandwagon is strong enough that I know X guy will be lynched".

Town or scum, either way, that doesn't help us at all, we don't need bandwagoners

Vote: Nen

Current votes (10 required to lynch):

[1, L-9] ZEX: GNIZ

[0, L-10] HAT: (PROF)

[1, L-9] WONK: HAT

[4, L-6] NEN: ST, PROF, SAK, ZEX

[1, L-9] ST: TRUCK

[1, L-9] SCOTT: MG

[1, L-9] MG: SCOTT