By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Gnizmo said:
theprof00 said:

You didn't comment because I don't merit a response?

I stated that you hadn't contributed anything, and you said nothing...but you respond to Hat, who says basically the same exact thing, that you aren't playing.

Then you call me suspicious for continuing to hound you, when you just said that "day 1 is a blow-off" for you anyways. Why you didn't say any of that to me, I am dumbfounded.

I completely call you exactly that you are contributing, you fos me and insult me with your attitude, and then go and say that "day 1 is a blow-off" and "I've been phoning it in" (which I should clarify for other means that he's faking playing, as in 'phoning in sick to work').

HoS Gnizmo and Hatmoza

Gniz for your ridiculous attitude, and Hat for not being ridiculous on top of commenting on top of my comments. You, for some reason, seem to be the only one that "merits" responses. Interesting how that works.

I didn't comment because his post didn't merit a response.

Lots of words, and this time almost deliberately changing what I said. Really you should have at least skipped quoting the part that proves your theory wrong.

I really really really don't see it gniz. Where is the quote that proves my theory wrong.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:

No not at all really. Insomiac was the only one on the right track there and he was killed the next day. I also find it odd that youare so quick to just stop the discussion when it has very nasty implications for you right now. 2 separate players have found the statement to be inconsistent for very different reasons.

In addition you are not nearly as active in tracking people down as normal. Instead you try to switch gears into a question that never needed to be asked. If there was a serial killer there would be an extra body tonight, and it wouldn't be vanilla in the strictest sense. Given noname appears to be following the rules to the letter I have to assume this would spread to game style which is a very simple conclusion to reach.

So we have you acting weird and saying things counter to the way you have played games in the past. Really your posting since day 2 reminds me of the DN game even more, and we know you were scum then. This isn't adding up with you being town as far as I can reason.

Vote: Zexen

You're kidding me right? So you haven't read anything that was discussed in the 1st day? We even discussed there not being a serial killer (you can find me saying there wouldn't be) and you now call me out for mentioning I probably was right? I dunno, maybe you were far too focused on your debate with prof but you can pretty much see that the SK discussion was quite important, I think it's pretty obvious you're not reading posts at all and you're nitpicking the little things you can spot here and there, just like you bringing a game that has to be like a year and a half old to try to explain my behavior...I barely even remember that game, I know I won it and I know I tricked the useless town pretty fine even considering I was stuck with two bad partners, but if you expect me to remember the details or how much my acting in that game relates to my acting in this, you won't have much success. Unless, of course, you can bring up the posts in that game that are so similar to my current play, I mean, since you're so confident that that my way of posting is similar you surely won't have no trouble in bringing them up and explaining the rest of us how they are right?

To be honest, I'm kind of baffled with this game, from being nitpicked over a discussion of the number of mafia because it just happened that the previous game a scum player happened to answer a question similarly, to being FoSed because I was "dragging the conversation too long" to now "trying to stop the discussion", "saying something that is obvious" and "play similarly to a year and a half game", seems like some of you are just scratching the bottom of the barrel to try to start an argument.

I know your way of playing is constantly starting such arguments, Gniz, but I honestly didn't expect you to do with such baseless arguments. Really? A remark about there not being a SK even though I've been saying it since the start of day 1 an old game where I was scum with not even a single post backing it up?

Then again, if what you wanted is that I carried your discussion, I guess you succeeded

whatever, this is going nowhere.

If you're scum, I'll be at least happy that I was on the right track, so I'll be vindicated.

In any case;

vote: hatmoza

hatmoza, you've been far too confident this game and have buddied up with others. I really don't have any other leads, and there's not much more evidence I can find. I don't believe zexen is mafia, but I can see you agreeing with him to feign towniness. Really though, it's a gut feeling more than anything.

And with that longass post I call it a night, I'll see tomorrow where this discussion has gone to

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

I guess there was much less than I had thought, but two posts did jump out at me.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3817205
Prof expresses annoyance that Heph is pretty much muting him when asking about his interrogation of Gniz.

Heph's response to that one is even more intriguing, I would say.

As a reference for others: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3817218 
It's interesting; however, it didn't fit with posts in which you would be painted as the reason Heph was off'd. Rereading his posts it seems he was a bit on the fence concerning you and Gniz. He did agree with some things you've said, but he also played the "that's just Gniz."

Btw, I don't think you should stop pressuring Gnizmo, but don't get upset about it either. And I mean don't let it carry into real life somehow. If you're not a townie then by all means get upset and slip up! I'm going to have to reread your interaction with more scrutiny, but I don't believe any straight answers have been given. If that's just how Gniz is then it's no indication of alignment, but I'm not a fan of that kind of playstyle either.

theprof00 said:
Gnizmo said:
Linkzmax said:

Are you referring to yourself and prof? How do you know he's a townie?

Yes, and I don't. If he is then the circle jerk of useless posts will end. If he isn't he will pursue his little vendetta and from there the town can figure out what to do about it.

you are so fucking scummy. I'm not leaving you alone. Threaten me all you want.

The reason I brought "Two townies playing grab ass distracts and hides mafia players." up is because it sounded like Gniz was saying definitively that you are a townie. Now he'd either be scum or have a good reason as a townie himself to say that, and since he's now saying you could be scum I'd rule out the latter. I also think his reasoning is backwards: To me a townie would be more likely to put themselves out there and pursue an investigation since they're not worried about people turning attention on the townie themselves. Meanwhile, a mafioso would be more likely to try to throw suspicion on a person so others will pick it up, but would drop it for a better mislynch candidate unless something further comes along.

So I'm left thinking Gniz is quite possibly scum. It's not enough yet for me to want to lynch him, but it certainly merits a FoS: Gnizmo. Like I said, I'm going to have to reread the interaction and then I'll reevaluate my position. I'm with zex though, it's bedtime so the reread will wait 'til I have a chance.

On a final note, if Gnizmo is scum then original comment was either to make himself look like a townie, or possibly to make you both look like townies. Meaning it doesn't convince me either way as to what you are.

Around the Network

Current votes (19 players, 10 needed to lynch):

[1, L-9] ZEX:  GNIZ

[1, L-9] HAT:  PROF

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Been out for most the weekend.  MY thoughts on coming in

Heph has been MVP how many of the last few games?  His kill by the mafia doesn't give us much info since although he very well could have fos'd one or more of the maifa, he could just as well have fos'ed none of them.  The mafia had enough reason to get rid of him just by him being a very good palyer.

gniz and prof.  I cringe reading both of your posts not only that but then the two of you make almost radom votes for other people withiing 20 minutes with only one last coment between the two.

look prof he took out the quote of himself when he quoted you,  I don't know if it totaly disporves your theory, but it does say he didn't respond before because of your post not you which I think was the big point he was trying to make.

zex after getting so much flax yesterday over the post about the numbers(thanks for the answer sorry it's been so dragged out)  in responce to a question I asked.  His was very sure of his answer the coments that followed were people not sure of his reasoning, he explained yet some still wanted to keep doubt.  Mostly Hat.  I think hat was dragging out the discussion more that zex by making some points that make little sence.  The post from last game wasn't an exact amount and wasn't in repsonce to someone like me asking.  Also you said where was the other small % when he had said it clearly.

truk I don't think looking at hephs post will help much, but don't stop running ideas.  Always better to have people run ideas and then have us get rid of the ones that make the least sence than to have people keep things to themselves wind up dead and there ideas with them.

I will post more latter tomorrow but I need to get to bed and have an early shift tomorrow.  Things I hope to see when I return.  Post from people who have been lurking.  Scottie is one I know off the top of my head but I'm sure there are more.  I'd give a small break to those who are replacements but I do expect to see more from them.

If someone could do a post count before I'm back I'd be very greatful otherwise It will have to wait over 16 hours.  Probably much more since we already are over 400 posts and by the time I could get started it should be much more. prof if you could do it like you did day one last game I would really apreciate it.  I might not agree with all the posts you find of value or hazzy but it is something to work with.

Also I hope someone can do a list of all the FOS HOS since there have been more of those than votes.  Don't bother with the ones involving GOW though.  Or it will also have to wait. I want to see if there are any patterns.  Is anyone often the second to do a fos or hos.  Have some people had more even without votes?  Have some who have gone after eachother not even fos or hos. 

Currently FOS's from me are Nen for trying to limit discussion.  It's not totally usesell information knowing how many mafia there are and it's not crazy for people to ask to understand the reasons.  FOS on hat as well for the way he was focusing his reasons and questions about the number discussion. Gniz more for having not really read day one yet comments like it's all meaningless.  Plus the strange vote for zex.

If anyone else seemed to want to limit discussion count it as a finger of suspicion on them as well.  I will go back through latter so if someone points it out latter and it is clear I would agree.

Also on those who are lurking. 

I'm sure I've missed some things but hopefully there will be much more to discuss when I am back.

Gnizmo said:
theprof00 said:
Sorry, the second post up is supposed to be referencing #4
Really you should have at least skipped quoting the part that proves your theory wrong.(4)
4) source?

When you read the post you will find it. It is right there in the text. It is literally impossiblt to miss. I put it right next to each other in addition to being right in the posts you quote. Are you actually reading them?

What do you think you're doing?  This post is stupid.  There is no point in responding only to say "lol u missed it look again".  Either it's not as impossible as you think or he's missing it on purpose; either way the solution is to nail him to the wall with your rebuttal. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

zexen_lowe said:
You're kidding me right? So you haven't read anything that was discussed in the 1st day? We even discussed there not being a serial killer (you can find me saying there wouldn't be) and you now call me out for mentioning I probably was right? I dunno, maybe you were far too focused on your debate with prof but you can pretty much see that the SK discussion was quite important, I think it's pretty obvious you're not reading posts at all and you're nitpicking the little things you can spot here and there, just like you bringing a game that has to be like a year and a half old to try to explain my behavior...I barely even remember that game, I know I won it and I know I tricked the useless town pretty fine even considering I was stuck with two bad partners, but if you expect me to remember the details or how much my acting in that game relates to my acting in this, you won't have much success. Unless, of course, you can bring up the posts in that game that are so similar to my current play, I mean, since you're so confident that that my way of posting is similar you surely won't have no trouble in bringing them up and explaining the rest of us how they are right?

To be honest, I'm kind of baffled with this game, from being nitpicked over a discussion of the number of mafia because it just happened that the previous game a scum player happened to answer a question similarly, to being FoSed because I was "dragging the conversation too long" to now "trying to stop the discussion", "saying something that is obvious" and "play similarly to a year and a half game", seems like some of you are just scratching the bottom of the barrel to try to start an argument.

I know your way of playing is constantly starting such arguments, Gniz, but I honestly didn't expect you to do with such baseless arguments. Really? A remark about there not being a SK even though I've been saying it since the start of day 1 an old game where I was scum with not even a single post backing it up?

Then again, if what you wanted is that I carried your discussion, I guess you succeeded

Really, zexen?  First off, are you actually asking him to sift through hundreds of old posts to dig up a bunch of yours that sound kinda like you in Day 1 of this game and plaster them all over this thread?  Shame on you.  Gnizmo's claim should be evaluated, if possible, by people who also played and remember that game. 

(Before I get called a hypocrite, let me explain:  my query of zexen would not involve so many posts being dumped in here, nor would it involve comparing between two really really different mafia games which would totally derail other scumhunting.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!