By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

Out for blood again GOW? I guess you must be a townie.

I'm for a lynching too, but nobody has raised my suspicions yet. My lesson learned from last round is that once we do find the candidate for the gallows, we go full steam ahead with it. Unless that player can clear themselves, they'll either remain alive as scum or be a tool used by scum to hide behind(as radish was)

oh ho ho boy

you are on thin ice mister, and so early in too.

Not to kiss up or anything, but I as well already feel a great shift in his game style and he's only two posts in the game.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
zexen_lowe said:
Wonktonodi said:

So with 21 of us how many should be scum usually?

5 or 6?

Golden Rule: 1 mafia every three townies. So, 0.25*21 = 5.25, rounded down (it's always rounded down, else it's unfair) = 5 mafia.

This is specially true given that it's a vanilla game, because the town doesn't have power roles to counter the mafia that could offset an imbalance. So, there are exactly 5 mafia in this game, no more nor less

While I agree that's a golden role, that's something the mafia and mods will only know for certain.

The reason I responded to this post in particular was because in the last round, nordlead (who was scum) touched on this very subject first day and boldly stated the exact number of mafia in that game.

Did he also do it in response to someone else asking how many there would be?

hatmoza said:
zexen_lowe said:
Wonktonodi said:

5 or 6?

Golden Rule: 1 mafia every three townies. So, 0.25*21 = 5.25, rounded down (it's always rounded down, else it's unfair) = 5 mafia.

This is specially true given that it's a vanilla game, because the town doesn't have power roles to counter the mafia that could offset an imbalance. So, there are exactly 5 mafia in this game, no more nor less

While I agree that's a golden role, that's something the mafia and mods will only know for certain.

The reason I responded to this post in particular was because in the last round, nordlead (who was scum) touched on this very subject first day and boldly stated the exact number of mafia in that game.

No, it's something we all know for certain. If you want to suspect I'm scum based on how I apply the golden rule, be my guest, but remember that the information the town has when starting the game is almost zero. The number of mafia, based on this golden rule, is one of the very few things we can know for certain. I say for certain because there's either 5 mafia or noname is a horrible mod or a liar (because the game is either horribly unbalanced or not vanilla), and I don't think he's any of the two. So, 5 mafia it is

theprof00 said:
hatmoza said:
zexen_lowe said:
Wonktonodi said:

5 or 6?

Did he also do it in response to someone else asking how many there would be?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3760586

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theprof00 said:

also, I'm here. So excited that a game ended and a new one started the same day. Good job vgc!

@green zex

who said vanilla had to have no power roles? Even regular vanilla games have something like a cop or at the least a doc. Did I miss the post that there were absolutely no power roles?

Those aren't power roles. Power roles are things like vigilantes, trackers and the like. Cop and doctor are standard roles

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
hatmoza said:

No, it's something we all know for certain. If you want to suspect I'm scum based on how I apply the golden rule, be my guest, but remember that the information the town has when starting the game is almost zero. The number of mafia, based on this golden rule, is one of the very few things we can know for certain. I say for certain because there's either 5 mafia or noname is a horrible mod or a liar (because the game is either horribly unbalanced or not vanilla), and I don't think he's any of the two. So, 5 mafia it is

Thank you you for admitting that you're not 100% certain about the number of mafia.

Also, I never accused you of being scum, just pointed  out an observation from last game. It's not like I FoS'd you.

Ah, fuck, I lost my post I was doing. Fucking quoting in this fucking site

Vette, those little dots after I am here look really suspect. Are you down? Or sad? Why would vette be sad...I wonder. Also, for some reason, your avatar is one of those ones that make me think the worst of you right away, like therepublic. Something sterile and unforgiving about looking into a machine.

Metalgear, a little redundant to write that you're here twice, don't you think?

@linkz via Hatmoza

You do seem awfully, what's the word...facetious. Explain something to me. How did you learn that lesson from last game? Radish? That seems like an awfully superficial example to teach such a divergent lesson.

hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

oh ho ho boy

you are on thin ice mister, and so early in too.

Not to kiss up or anything, but I as well already feel a great shift in his game style and he's only two posts in the game.

Prof, you say this because my logic isn't sound or because you think that I'm trying to appear town?

Hat, care to point out this "great shift." I'd be happy to hear it when the round is over if you'd rather not say now.

hatmoza said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3760586

Interestingly, he applied the golden rule all wrong....16 players is 4 mafia here, there and everywhere, without "possibly 3" or "possibly 5", dunno why he tried to make it seem like the number of mafia was doubtful when it's a nice round number...

And yes, I was doing a longer post but since this site doesn't want me to this will have to do